Thinking "Urban Camo" and "Tex". I need

This is a discussion on Thinking "Urban Camo" and "Tex". I need within the DIY forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Hey guys, CSCheriff is helping me on the "Urban Camo side here a good bit, but didn't know if you guys had some secrets you ...

Hey guys,

CSCheriff is helping me on the "Urban Camo side here a good bit, but didn't know if you guys had some secrets you might want to share. Anything to help this go as smooth as possible.

Also, I'm looking to do the Stock Texturing, BUT I cant decide if I want to do the paint then the tex, or tex and then paint. One would have the paint of the tex, the other would have the nice black tex over the paint. What do you all think?

This is one "how to" I was looking at. It looks good.
    http://revver.com/video/603772/urban-ca ... -airbrush/

Thanks guys,

Well, I have started the base color. So there is no turning back now. I'm taking pic progressively threw the project. Ill post on it all. Hope it terns out well.

Quote Originally Posted by SCSheriff
    Loss, Are you doing using female or male stencils?
    Airbrush?
    Don't think I know the difference? I was going buy the look the guy in the video had. And no, not Airbrush. I'm using the Krylon, and Rust-Oleum paint.

Sanded the stock smooth, then washed it and used a cleaner on it. Now I have just finished my "Flat White" paint (Krylon). Then I have the "Light Gray" and "Dark Gray" (Rust-Oleum). To seal it all together I have the (Krylon) Matt Finish paint.

If you see anything wrong here let me know. I can still stand it back down and start over. Although I rely don't want to, lol. Its looking vary good so far.

Any help with the stencils would be appreciated. I have 2" blue masking tape and Wax paper to do it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Sure thing Sheriff. Like I said, I'm taking pics as I go. So I can share as much of it with everyone as I can.

Ill have to try and stay calm with the stencils and let everything dry properly. I have the full day Sunday to do it. So Ill probably sit down and watch "Doctor Who" between each layer.

Then after everything sits Sunday, Ill start first thing Monday with the Tex. After everything sits overnight Monday Ill have my rings Tuesday. Ill be hitting the range that day (trying not to speed up there) lol.

I have a cool new idea with the tex so I still get the grip but still have a good bit of my camo showing on the front end. Ill have to show you wen I'm done.

It will ether tern out rely well, or a disaster... I'm exited ether way!

Can't wait to see pictures.

@texturing - try to avoid painting over the texture. Keep it black if you can. Good luck.

The tex is drying right now, but everything so far looks RELY COOL!!!

I wish I had done more wight, and the dark gray was not so dark. The dark gray almost looks black. But it still looks wicked sweet!

Ill get pics up asap. Probably late Tuesday

Ads