ideas for first ar build

ideas for first ar build

This is a discussion on ideas for first ar build within the DIY forums, part of the Sniping Related category; as you can tell from the topic I am getting ready to start my first ar build. I知 wanting to go for a SPR look ...

LRS

ideas for first ar build

as you can tell from the topic I am getting ready to start my first ar build.

I知 wanting to go for a SPR look and using as much Rock River Arms parts if possible.

this is my first time doing some thing like this so any input would be great

I知 going to order the parts as I get the money, so what should I start on first? the upper or the lower?

This is what I was thinking about doing (like I said this is my first Ar build so if u think some thing is a bad idea or some thing will not work or you have a better idea to make it better just let me know)

This is what I知 shooting for so far
    RRA lower half with 2 stage match trigger, a2 stock or CAA tactical stock an a ERGO target pistol grip
    I would get an A4 upper and I知 stuck on what kind of barrel I should get I like the looks of the heavy barrel that is on the coyote rifle but I don稚 no where to find one like that, any ideas? I知 thinking no longer than 20in barrel (what twist will I need? I will be using it for 100to400 yard shots and maybe some coyotes every now and then)

for a hand guard I was thinking a RRA aluminum free float quad rail system.

for a scope i was thinking about getting a Bushnell 3200 10x Tactical and for a mount i was looking at the Armalite scope mount just like the one that is on the RRA review that mel did a wile back.

what do u all think so far? That is not every thing but would that be a good start?

thanks for the help all!
    LRS

I'd get the lower receiver first.That way if you ran into money troubles, you've already purchased the legal, grandfathered part. It wouldn't hurt to buy one of the kits that Model 1 or M&A Sales and buy the complete kit for a complete rifle kit under $500 . Either place will have you in a rifle you can use for under $650. If you decide to modify your rifle later, you still have an upper to play with until you get the dmr stuff you want.

www.model1sales.com

or www.mapartsinc.com

Jeff

I would buy the lower reciever and all the parts for it first. Assemble it and then buy a completed upper. Unless you're inclined to build everything. Check out this page for lower assembly instuctions. It made my first AR build very easy.

http://forums.second-amendment.org/i...p?topic=1878.0

You'll have to register to view it but don't worry, most of us don't bite over there.... :wink:

Ads