South Florida Precision Long Range Training

This is a discussion on South Florida Precision Long Range Training within the Eastern forums, part of the Competitions and Training Opportunities category; Hello everyone. I am looking for Precision Long Range Training in South Florida. I have shot up to 500yds but I want my grouping to ...

Hello everyone. I am looking for Precision Long Range Training in South Florida. I have shot up to 500yds but I want my grouping to be much tighter and more consistent. Can anyone recommend a good instructor or training facility??

Don't know about training but there is a 1000 yard facility in Lakeport Florida which is near the west side of Lake Okeechobee. Cost is $50/day. Last time I was there a retired police sniper Keith ran the place. You do need to call and schedule a shoot. Its been a while since I've been there. Check out the Facebook page for Hollywood Tactical Gun Club.

It's about an hour and a half from my place. I'd normally drive up the night before and stay in a hotel for about $70. Then I got a pretty full day of shooting in.

There's a 600 yard range East of Bradenton (Manatee County) I've fired there but I have no info on training. Ryan Cleckner's book, videos and FM 23-10 are a great source of learning how to accurately get a road down range.
    http://manateegunclub.com/facilities-ranges/

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

I traveled up to South Dakota and took a class with Greg at primal rights. That class helped me greatly with the principles of long range shooting. It is worth traveling up there!
    Desert Tech SRS A1 with TS Customs 308 win, 22 CM, and 7 LRM barrels
    Primal Rights 40x .22LR Repeater
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Hidden Content

Hello Everyone. Thank you for all your responses.

Martino1, Thank you for that. I have been using a 500yd range in Homestead Fl which is great. But now i know where to go for 1,000yds. ;-)

sailnaked , You are correct. I have been sitting for hrs watching Ryan's videos and looking foward to going back to the range and improving my groups.

ddd oo7, Thank you. Ill keep that in mind.

This is my 400yd Shot. I can get out there, but i want to be the best i possibly can. Then again i'm using factory ammo.
    400yd 8inch plate Oct 12, 19.jpg

Ads