Hey Canadians..check in - Page 6

Hey Canadians..check in

This is a discussion on Hey Canadians..check in within the Foreign and Other forums, part of the Competitions and Training Opportunities category; Originally Posted by Don'tkillbill PEI Canada here. Just subbed. I'm an old fart with a new hobby. They say that this sentance can only be ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Hey Canadians..check in

Quote Originally Posted by Don'tkillbill View Post
    PEI Canada here. Just subbed. I'm an old fart with a new hobby.

They say that this sentance can only be understood fully by a Canadian; "I spilled my poutine on the chesterfield, so I used a servette to clean up the messy."
    Not from Canada, but right across the Niagara River from Fort Erie, who understands: "I spilled aboot all my sloppy Cheese Fries and Gravy on this old couch, so I used a napkin to clean up this ####### mess."

Now, where's my copy of the films, "Strange Brew" and "Canadian Bacon", as well as my Labatts and Molsons? You Newfie, eh? (Yes, "eh?" is still better than "huh?").

And to just keep it legal with the 1969 Official Languages Act (Loi sur les langues officielles):

Pas au Canada, mais partout dans la rivière Niagara, de Fort Erie, qui comprend : " J'ai renversé aboot tous mes bâclé fromage frites avec de la sauce sur cette ancienne de la table, donc j'ai utilisé une serviette pour nettoyer ce gâchis putain."

Maintenant, où est mon exemplaire du films, "Strange Brew" et "bacon canadien", ainsi que mon Labatts et Molsons? Vous Newfie, hein? (Oui, "eh?" est toujours mieux que "huh? " ).

Last edited by Sockpuppet; 08-16-2014 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Inserted French curse. Happy Bill? lol

Your popst just making me hungry and translation was pretty good but lacked a few french curse words.

We should do a Canadian Online shooting challenge what distance can people get out and shoot to? I can get out to 600 yards although the sign says meters its only yard

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

This seems to be just as much as a likely spot to put the origins of the Canadian name.

The origin of the name "Canada" comes from the expedition of explorer Jacques Cartier up the St. Lawrence River in 1535. The Iroquois pointing out the route to the village of Stadacona, the future site of Quebec City, used the word "kanata," the Huron-Iroquois word for "village". Jacques Cartier used the word Canada to refer to both the settlement of Stadacona and the land surrounding it subject to Chief Donnacona.....................................

Though I think that the following scenario was more likely:

It was agreed that the name of the northern continent be decided by drawing letters out of a hat.

The first letter was drawn, and it was announced, "'C', eh?";
    The second letter was drawn, and it was announced, "'N', eh?";
    The third letter was drawn, and it was announced "'D', eh?"

Put together, "C,eh,N,eh,D,eh", has now become commonly known as "CANADA."

Consider yourself educated.
    Last edited by Sockpuppet; 08-18-2014 at 04:30 PM. Reason: typo
    Arkansas89 likes this.

Checking in from Wainwright, Ab.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any of you guys shooting at CDTSA Shepard range yesterday? Seen some markings that looked familiar on someone's rest. Shooting some 1903's.......

another one. EH!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Ads