Long range comp ... South Island NZ

This is a discussion on Long range comp ... South Island NZ within the Foreign and Other forums, part of the Competitions and Training Opportunities category; I think this is all filled up but for those who might be interested in the next one, here is the link ..... www.gunslinger.net.nz/...

I think this is all filled up but for those who might be interested in the next one, here is the link ..... www.gunslinger.net.nz/

New Zealand shoot

I can't make it over to the Land of the Long White Cloud but that shoot looks like a lot of fun and what a magnificent (and magnificently challenging) setting.

Regards

Davy
    'And then it was that I could see the power of God helped men if they would only trust Him."
    (Sergeant Alvin C. York)

Yeah, I'm giving it a go but some of those targets are very small for the ranges they are placing them at .... last year no one hit two of the targets including the guy who won :shock:

I heard yesterday that snow has forced the closure of roads around Tekapo so I hope it warms up a bit in the next couple of weeks.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Put snow in da mout - as the Hawaiians might say!

Hope the snow clears enough so you can get access. But the scene at the range must look pretty atmospheric though - shades of the opening scene from Enemy at the Gates! Don't forget to wear a white smock and put some snow in the mouth so those little targets don't see your breath!

Sounds like the degree of difficulty is pretty high though - maybe some bigger targets are in order. Anyway, good luck and good shooting. Watch those wintery roads on the way in.

Regards

Davy
    'And then it was that I could see the power of God helped men if they would only trust Him."
    (Sergeant Alvin C. York)

Well it was a fantastic shoot and my mate won the extreme long range challenge (don't yet know where everyone else placed) .... out to 1600 meters - (1750 yards)

This is driving into the valley where it was held from off the Farlie - Tekapo road ..... about 8:15am and before the sun rose over the peak at the head of the valley ..... around -7 degrees Celsius or 19 Fahrenheit.

A few of the shooters from one of the four seven-man squads .....

We are definitely doing this again! .....

Long Range shoot in NZ

Congratulations on making it to the shoot. From the looks of that magnificent backdrop it was well worth the trip just for the environmental experience alone. At first when you said 7C I thought that that was surprisingly warm - then I saw it was MINUS seven!

No problem keeping the barrels cool anyway! Amazed also at the distance! I was shooting (very badly) at 700 yards the other day; using the trip meter on the car, I found that at 80kmh it takes half a minute to cover the distance. With that comp involving over well over double that range your friend's achievement is significant to say the least.

Thanks for sharing this experience.

Regards

Davy
    (Sergeant Alvin C. York)

Well .... we all just got the results and ...... blimey! I came second! ... yay .....

... maybe I can do better at the next one ... :wink:

No mean achievement!

Nice closure on what, I am certain, was a keenly fought, highly competitive event in Stalingrad temperatures (Well maybe not that cold but cold enough!) Seems like those small targets didn't put you off!

Good on you! And good on the organisers - they must be pretty keen too.

Regards

Davy
    (Sergeant Alvin C. York)

hey kiwi when is it i mite come have some fun with ya ?? i live in kaiapoi. any more info you got of this can u send to my email [email protected] thanks.
    new zealand hunter

Hi there fellow Kiwi's, West Coast here in the South. Feel free to contact me for a catch-up. Cheer's.

Ads