Binary explosives

Binary explosives

This is a discussion on Binary explosives within the Forum Requests forums, part of the SniperForums.com & SniperCentral.com Related category; I want everyone to see this. I have left a very uncondoning message in You Tube and also deleted the app for the content! thttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YG4AKnNKEi8 ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Binary explosives

Binary explosives

I want everyone to see this. I have left a very uncondoning message in You Tube and also deleted the app for the content!

thttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YG4AKnNKEi8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jjs7081; 04-11-2016 at 04:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jjs7081 View Post
    I want everyone to see this. I have left a very uncondoning message in You Tube and also deleted the app for the goddamn content! That's how much it pissed me off.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YG4AKnNKEi8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Okay.... I am confused.
    Joseph "Rhyno"

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno430 View Post
    Okay.... I am confused.
    Another video of a ticked off landowner deciding to eliminate hogs and have some fun at the same time. Unlike the previous video posted it appeared that he was more successful in baiting them closer to the explosion.

If only the hogs were harmed what's the big deal? An issue with "ethics"? I'm sure the hogs have no ethics when they kill livestock, pets, or even humans.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

I am actually surprised I can go to Cabelas and buy this stuff, seeing as I don't think there is anywhere I can legally set it off here in Alberta. Does no one else see this stuff as a terrorist aid or plain old bad idea? They must monitor to some degree who is buying Tannerite and HOW MUCH.
    Its no different than the ongoing sale at wholesale sports- buy an SKS for $299 and a case of 1400 rounds for $300. In my mind, these types of items should only be sold to competent people with good records may it be no criminal record, or 10-15years of citizenship. Just my thoughts though.

Quote Originally Posted by donnie View Post
    I am actually surprised I can go to Cabelas and buy this stuff, seeing as I don't think there is anywhere I can legally set it off here in Alberta. Does no one else see this stuff as a terrorist aid or plain old bad idea? They must monitor to some degree who is buying Tannerite and HOW MUCH.
    Its no different than the ongoing sale at wholesale sports- buy an SKS for $299 and a case of 1400 rounds for $300. In my mind, these types of items should only be sold to competent people with good records may it be no criminal record, or 10-15years of citizenship. Just my thoughts though.
    You can go to Walmart and buy enough fertilizer to make the OKC bombing look like child's play, and there's absolutely no restriction on that.

Government regulations and laws don't stop people who are 1, evil, 2 criminals, and 3 are planning to kill people.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Joseph "Rhyno"

Does no one else see this stuff as a terrorist aid or plain old bad idea?

So should we require a special license to buy fertilizer then, right?

Explosive materials are readily available in all kinds of forms.
    SatCong likes this.
    -I redefined trust between my wife and I. I bought her a gun, taught her to shoot, and made her the beneficiary on my life insurance.

You can go to Walmart and buy enough fertilizer to make the OKC bombing look like child's play, and there's absolutely no restriction on that.

Government regulations and laws don't stop people who are 1, evil, 2 criminals, and 3 are planning to kill people.

Not exactly. Post OKC, the government not only controls the Nitrogen content for "over the counter" fertilizer purchases, but if you were to attempt to buy large quantities of 33%+ Nitrogen content fertilizer, you'd better have a good reason (i.e. you're a farmer, etc) or your name is not only going to pop up on someone's radar, you're going to get a visit as well.

Besides, Ammonium Nitrate is easy, McVeigh and Nichols couldn't make their own RDX which is necessary as an initiator which is why the FBI supplied them with two cases of C4 to initiate. Ammonium Nitrate is a slow, low RE explosive that needs a jump start via a more powerful initiator like RDX, PETN, etc.

I was one of the last few Sapper school graduates to have a handbook that still shows a lot of the improvised munitions stuff....after OKC, they revised even the combat engineer publications that are unclassified NOFORN.

You can still find some of the old TM's and FM's that show how to fix Nitrogen, Dust Initiator charges, FUGAS, improvised ammonium nitrate, TNT, etc....but they're hard to find.

The rest of your point is valid however. Where there's a will, there's a way. Having said that, even as a die hard libertarian, I don't think people should be able to walk in from a parking lot and buy enriched Uranium or Plutonium off a shelf with no credentials or licenses.
    Rhyno430 likes this.
    "America was born of protest, revolution and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long."

My long ranger: Surgeon 1086 Long Action in 300 Winchester Magnum. Krieger Heavy Varmint (fluted) with JEC Custom Brake. Jewell Trigger, Spuhr Mount with Schmidt-Bender PMII 5-25x56 Illuminated P4 Fine. AADMount Caps, McMillan A5 custom Stock, Atlas PRS bipod, Rifles Only Sling, Wiebad front and rear bags.

You need industrial blasting grade to make it worth the while and that stuff is harder to come by. The stuff you get at walmart is all ag grade.

But you're right, laws don't stop criminals.

Edit:
    And I got beat to the punch.
    It is also note worthy that OKC was a ANNM bomb rather than plain ANFO. The nitro methane fuel makes for a bigger bang....
    Last edited by Ragnarnar; 04-11-2016 at 01:20 PM.
    Rhyno430 likes this.
    <2>
    RLTW

I totally get both sides of the argument. However, Tannerite is sold as an explosive, not a noise maker or party popper, an explosive. Why not just sell dynamite in 20lb or 60lb quantities. For someone like myself, there's no difference. If a recent immigrant for instance can walk into Cabelas and buy enough Tannerite to cause a massive explosion, the product should have restrictions!! Do you need to show a drivers license, fire arms licence, an ammunition acquisition license, or something to purchase the stuff?

I totally get both sides of the argument. However, Tannerite is sold as an explosive, not a noise maker or party popper, an explosive. Why not just sell dynamite in 20lb or 60lb quantities. For someone like myself, there's no difference. If a recent immigrant for instance can walk into Cabelas and buy enough Tannerite to cause a massive explosion, the product should have restrictions!! Do you need to show a drivers license, fire arms licence, an ammunition acquisition license, or something to purchase the stuff?
    Because Tannerite only explodes when it's mixed and when it's hit by a high velocity impact.

Dynamite you just light it and run, and even that's not terribly hard to get.

I've never bought Tannerite so I don't know what's involved in the purxhase, on their website they say they only sell 1lb containers to civilians and the bigger 2lb containers to leo and other professionals.
    Joseph "Rhyno"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ads