Remington 700 Police uneven parkerized - Page 2

Remington 700 Police uneven parkerized

This is a discussion on Remington 700 Police uneven parkerized within the Gunsmithing forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Originally Posted by machinist91 Wow they have a huge markup....the reason I asked is if it was extremely cheap is cause there are some importer ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Remington 700 Police uneven parkerized

Quote Originally Posted by machinist91 View Post
    Wow they have a huge markup....the reason I asked is if it was extremely cheap is cause there are some importer who buy blemished firearms for rock bottom prices and sell them for dirt cheap. And the blemishes is stuff like what is wrong with your barrel.

Did you pick it up from the importer or did they mail it to you?
    In my country, accordding to the laws, every weapon is sent to the police station first, before being delivered to the buyer. There is no chance to see it at the shop before being sent.

Next time you purchase a firearm I would ask the dealer to send you photos of the serial number and of the gun itself. That way you know what you should be getting. As for your discoloration issue, flat black BBQ paint works well.
    Kilerhamilton likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapaz View Post
    I did with DURARACOTE in a Dragunov , whose finish I disliked, and the result was great.
    You disliked the finish but the result was great? I'm not sure I follow.
    -I redefined trust between my wife and I. I bought her a gun, taught her to shoot, and made her the beneficiary on my life insurance.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

This may be a crazy question but do you have a gunsmith in your area?

Yes; gunsmiths are very common in my country, as there are many hunters and target shooters. There are several ones that apply Duracoat and Cerakote to weapons, in a professional way.

But this morning, during a match, I have been told by a police sniper, that IT´S NOT A DEFFECT, but...A SORT OF CAMOUFLAGE, in order to avoid reflections in a police sharpshooter rifle, from the underside of the barrel. I have been shown several ones and every of them had the same feature. IN_CRE_DI_BLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Please correct my english, if I writte the wrong way.

Greetings from Spain.
    Last edited by Rapaz; 11-14-2015 at 11:30 AM.

Mine never had anything obvious as you described. Decent parkerized finish, however in the future I plan to have it Ceracoated because I prefer that finish. Very tough as well. I plan to have a local gunsmithing shop to the work.

I don't think that is camouflage that's a misshap during assembly. A local good gunsmith can fix that in a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalFocus View Post
    You disliked the finish but the result was great? I'm not sure I follow.
    I mean: I applied duracote to a Dragunov, whose ORIGINAL FINISH I didn´t like, and after applying duracoat, the result was superb.

Quote Originally Posted by blwebster View Post
    Mine never had anything obvious as you described. Decent parkerized finish, however in the future I plan to have it Ceracoated because I prefer that finish. Very tough as well. I plan to have a local gunsmithing shop to the work.
    Maybe, one day I will send it to a gunsmith to be either Cerakoted or duracoated. There are several gunsmiths that work with Cerakote and Duracoat in my country.

Quote Originally Posted by machinist91 View Post
    I don't think that is camouflage that's a misshap during assembly. A local good gunsmith can fix that in a few hours.
    But every Police I have seen today...HAS THE SAME FEATURE. Is Remington sending all the deffective ones to my country? I would not say it´s not the case...
    Last edited by Rapaz; 11-14-2015 at 12:52 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Ads