Ejector plunger

Ejector plunger

This is a discussion on Ejector plunger within the Gunsmithing forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I have been having issues with my Ruger 6.5 it will not let me close the bolt it gets jammed just before the Bolt is ...

Thread: Ejector plunger

Ejector plunger

I have been having issues with my Ruger 6.5 it will not let me close the bolt it gets jammed just before the Bolt is all the way closed. If i back the bolt up a little the shell straitens out and then i can finish closing the bolt. My Question is should the extractor plunger be flush with the bolt head mine is not sticks above the bolt head about 2/16 I’m thinking the shell is gettin hung up on it. Please correct me if I’m wrong about this.

Thunder14,
    In my RPR 6.5, the extractor and the ejector plunger are both just below flush with the end of the bolt. Are you calling the end of the bolt the "bolt head"? Or, are you calling the breech face the bolt head? The breech face is recessed 0.124" from the end of the bolt on mine. Factory ammo or reloads? Different ammo than what you normally use? Is the bolt action smooth with no round in the chamber? Any problems extracting and/or ejecting once the round has been chambered?
    Thanks,
    -barrelburner

Ads