Savage 110BA 338 Lapua with Vortex PST

This is a discussion on Savage 110BA 338 Lapua with Vortex PST within the Introductions forums, part of the New Member Area category; Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but I've read them before and gotten a lot of good info from it. This week my brother ...

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but I've read them before and gotten a lot of good info from it. This week my brother joined my son and I at the ranch for a little shooting. Since hunting season is over we usually take out different toys to play with out there when the days work is done. We decided to take out the big boys (Alex Arms and AI, both in 338LM) and my brother showed up with a Savage 110BA topped with a Vortex 6-24X50 FFL. The rifle shot great out to 1K. My question is was it a fluke or does that combo really work that well, Vortex and the Savage? Just wondering if anyone here has had any experience with the same. He said the total set up ran about $3700. I thought that was rather inexpensive for that good a system. I'm sure this has been brought up before I was just curious. If it does work that well I might just push a friend of mine in that direction. He's looking for a setup (338LM) that's inexpensive. The rifle shot around .5-.6MOA at 100yds. and seemed to get better the further the target. I appreciate any input you guys have. Thanks.

I've had good accuracy with my 110BA, but haven't taken it to 1k yet.

For the price, I'm very impressed with mine. A lot of people on this site don't care for Savages, but I'm very impressed with the ones I own.

That's kind of what I think also. We were at the ranch this weekend and he brought it again. This time he tried it out on a hog that was in our hay field. We ranged it at 465yds and he dropped it in it's tracks. That rifle is definitely accurate. We're having pork chops tonight. Thanks for the response.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

It is a inexpensive setup for 338. With that getting high dollar accuracy is going to be hit or miss. That goes for any gun, not just Savage. Savages can have issues, but you get what you pay for. So as long as your friend goes into this understanding that fact, he should be happy.

The Viper is a decent scope for $1000. The great thing is their warranty, if it breaks due to the recoil or whatever, they'll replace it.
    -I redefined trust between my wife and I. I bought her a gun, taught her to shoot, and made her the beneficiary on my life insurance.

Ads