Hello from Tennessee

Hello from Tennessee

This is a discussion on Hello from Tennessee within the Introductions forums, part of the New Member Area category; I joined awhile back but haven't posted yet. I'm trying to absorb some knowledge from all the experience that posts here. I'm a bit overwhelmed ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mele

Thread: Hello from Tennessee

Hello from Tennessee

I joined awhile back but haven't posted yet. I'm trying to absorb some knowledge from all the experience that posts here. I'm a bit overwhelmed and finding myself with analysis paralysis. I'm trying to get ready for my journey to a PRS event. I know I'm not ready as a shooter and my gear really isn't so I'm planning to upgrade my Savage model 10 in .308 and take a intermediate rifleman class, any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sponsors
    My initial thought is... relax! Don't worry about it. Most shooters are very welcoming to the new guy and willing to share hints and tips. The hardest part is just going for the first time. A suggestion might be to go to an event not as a competitor but just to observe. That way you can see what people are doing and shooting and it will help ease any anxiety. Just a thought

MEL
    Martino1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mele View Post
    My initial thought is... relax! Don't worry about it. Most shooters are very welcoming to the new guy and willing to share hints and tips. The hardest part is just going for the first time. A suggestion might be to go to an event not as a competitor but just to observe. That way you can see what people are doing and shooting and it will help ease any anxiety. Just a thought

MEL
    I went to 2 before I competed. Some seamed slightly more willing to share helpful hints with you if you were not a competing with them. I picked up things related to scope brands and reticles used by successful shooters as well as little things like cranking dope (or NOT) for shots out to 1000yds and things like that. Load development, bullets used etc. Other tricks like marking you brass if you reload etc...

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Welcome from Alaska!

Welcome! What part of TN?

Ads