Hi from Rockhampton Queensland

This is a discussion on Hi from Rockhampton Queensland within the Introductions forums, part of the New Member Area category; Hi guys, thought i would join this page as it has some really useful information. I haven't been shooting long, but do enjoy long range ...

Hi guys, thought i would join this page as it has some really useful information.

I haven't been shooting long, but do enjoy long range stuff.

I have a Ruger Precision Rifle 6.5 creed with a Vortex HST 6-24 scope which is primarily used for my long range stuff. Still working on 'how to shoot' and getting .45 inch groupings at 100m. Probably more me than the rifle.

I also own a Savage b22 which is a fun little rifle for use on the property.

I am currently building a 223 for target/hunting. It's a Howa 223 1/8 on a Hogue stock. Be nice to shoot that out to 600m. But i think the stock may let it down.. we will see. I'm putting a Vortex Diamondback 6-24 scope on this one. Not the best quality, but i didn't want to spend too much on this setup.

Anyway, thats me.

Thanks for running a great group.

Welcome

Hello and welcome on board.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Jase80 View Post
    Hi guys, thought i would join this page as it has some really useful information.

I haven't been shooting long, but do enjoy long range stuff.

I have a Ruger Precision Rifle 6.5 creed with a Vortex HST 6-24 scope which is primarily used for my long range stuff. Still working on 'how to shoot' and getting .45 inch groupings at 100m. Probably more me than the rifle.

I also own a Savage b22 which is a fun little rifle for use on the property.

I am currently building a 223 for target/hunting. It's a Howa 223 1/8 on a Hogue stock. Be nice to shoot that out to 600m. But i think the stock may let it down.. we will see. I'm putting a Vortex Diamondback 6-24 scope on this one. Not the best quality, but i didn't want to spend too much on this setup.

Anyway, thats me.

Thanks for running a great group.
    I've got a Howa 1500 30-06 Springfield with that same rubberized Hogue stock. It does get a little squirrelly as the round count goes up during a single shooting session but for a travel hunting rifle, however as a hunter that needs to get a cold bore shot on target, it is very accurate for the price paid. Originally I got the Howa as a Travel gun that I could get LOST by the airlines and not be out big $.

Given what I've seen on the hunting shows on the outdoor channels here in the states, if the Airlines can LOSE(YEAH RIGHT... GREAT SECURITY..) a TV celebs rifle, I sure as heck wouldn't want to put a $5K rig in my baggage and only get reimbursed the pittance they offer. I've been told that you could ship the rifle to a gun dealer in the area you hunt but that is a hassle.

Ads