Manners T vs. T1

Manners T vs. T1

This is a discussion on Manners T vs. T1 within the Misc. forums, part of the Sniping Related category; So I have decided that Im going to be getting a Manners stock for my Savage 110fp 300mag. This rifle will primarily be used as ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Manners T vs. T1

So I have decided that Im going to be getting a Manners stock for my Savage 110fp 300mag. This rifle will primarily be used as my long range hunting rifle and some target shooting. I am torn between the Manners T and the T1 stock. I like the looks of the T1 better but the T is cheaper and I think it would be more comfortable to hunt with. What do you guys think? Would the T1 be just as comfortable to hunt with as the T? Thanks guys!

I have a T-4 Non-Adjustable

I don't have the T or T-1, I have the T-4. My advice would be to call Tom and talk with him. This is an entrepreneurial effort, and when you call the number on the web site you get none other than Tom Manners. I knew little to nothing about tactical stocks when I spoke to him and he was very quick to gauge my technical ability and determine the best way to deliver the stock to me, so that it was usable on Day 1.

My T-4 is so solid that if I ran out of bullets, I could use it as a bat. I doubt you will go wrong with either choice. Hope this helps.

Of all the stocks Manners offers the T3 is my favorite. It has a more traditional palm swell while still offering good gripping surface. However from the stocks you listed I think I would go with the T just because of the forend. That squared up forend isn't the most comfortable when shooting off hand or when shooting off shooting sticks. Now if the rifle is going to be used more shooting from prone and bipod the T1 would make a better choice.
    Recognize what is in your sight, and that which is hidden from you will become plain to you.

Sum dominus fati: sed sum princeps meae.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Ive looked at the T3 as well, I like it too.

I have a T3 on my 6.5 Creedmoor and like it alot. Good all around stock. I'd highly recommend it.

I have an MCS-T1 on my Savage 110... They make a great stock, plain and simple.

As for hunting it depends... The T1 is great for varmint hunting but not fun for hiking up mountains and shooting offhand, it's really up to what you like best.

-Eric

Has anyone handled the stockade stocks? They seem pretty nice and a little cheaper too.

Emorse, that's what I was thinking about the T1 and why I am looking at the T because I think it would be a little more convenient for hunting.

I do not know anything about the Manners stocks so this is not any kind of comparison, but I do have a mdl10fp in a Stockade Prairie Dog and it is really comfortable. Nice grip that puts my finger right on the trigger.

Ya that's the Stockade i've been looking at too. Price is good on them, about $100 less than the Manners.

If you go that way you may want to discuss with them adding some weight to it, especially for 300 winmag. I originally bought mine when my rifle had a 308win barrel on it. In its standard weight it is somewhat light and I regretted not having them make it heavier. Now the rifle is a 260rem and the stock is much better suited for it. I went with all the options,ie: adjustable buttplate, adjustable cheek and the accessorie rail. I think the one thing I would not do without is the buttplate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads