Best ear protection? - Page 3

Best ear protection?

This is a discussion on Best ear protection? within the Misc. forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Originally Posted by DenverDave I highly recommend the Howard Leight Impact Sport. I have a set and they're great for rifle as they don't hit ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Best ear protection?

Quote Originally Posted by DenverDave View Post
    I highly recommend the Howard Leight Impact Sport.
    I have a set and they're great for rifle as they don't hit the comb. You can also plug in your "phone" or MP-3 player if you want.

Hey Joseph,

Many of the brand available have provided a great slim model that is a spinoff of their well-known models.

Howard Leight, Peltor, MSA to name a few, have come out with awesome solutions. Walker's has a slim muff, but the quality is just not as good.

Hey guys,

I'm just new here in SF and I'm also searching for this. When I was searching for the best hearing & eye protection, I found a brand name, Caldwell.

Has anyone tried their Platinum series G3 earmuffs? I'm planning to buy that and thinking if it's a good choice.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gunsmoke View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm just new here in SF and I'm also searching for this. When I was searching for the best hearing & eye protection, I found a brand name, Caldwell.

Has anyone tried their Platinum series G3 earmuffs? I'm planning to buy that and thinking if it's a good choice.
    Welcome.

Caldwell makes okay stuff. Not top end, but not ebay china junk either. I have a pair of muffs that I ditched recently. In the summer the muffs were just to hot and they pinched my temples with my glasses on. I switched to Decibullz ear plugs. They have foam inserts with silicone molds that you shape to your ear. I can wear them all day very comfortably.
    -I redefined trust between my wife and I. I bought her a gun, taught her to shoot, and made her the beneficiary on my life insurance.

I have the electronic muffs and they are great that's why I'm considering the electronic ear plugs I like that they cancel the noise well but I can still hear everything. I bought it from Bigearinc. You can try it to see if it meets your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by gsmithplm View Post
    Best, as in the absolute best money can buy without exception? Probably the MSA Sordins.

But it really depends on how you want to use them. I shoot competitions so I need to hear range commands and live on a budget, so I have a pair of Howard Leight Impact Sport electronics. They work great for most things.

When I need more than that, I have a pair of do-it-yourself-molded ear plugs that I wear.

If I need even more than that, I wear the muffs over the molded plugs.

When I need something in between them all, I have some Howard Leight Smart Fit earplugs. I can put these in at varying depths to allow me to hear more or less of what is going on around me.
    I have used the Howard Leight Smart Fit Earplugs the number of times i have a gun range and i have to agree they are one of the best if not
    the best ear protection gear out there..

They are very comfortable to the ear, light and they do not make your ears feel hot even with prolonged practice...The prices are fair too.

The 2nd best option would be Sordins
    google.com

Cost is usually around $30 or so and offer good sound protection in addition to not interfering with a good cheek weld. I average about two years for each set of these plugs. I have no problem shooting a 300 target 12 ga event without impairing my hearing and still be capable of hearing the range officer and/or puller. I have also found them good for indoor pistol/rifle as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
    I have the electronic muffs and they are great that's why I'm considering the electronic ear plugs I like that they cancel the noise well but I can still hear everything. I bought it from Bigearinc. You can try it to see if it meets your choice.
    What model do you have? I have the Oz.

Been searching for earmuffs myself. Just broke mine last Saturday. I double down with a Howard Leight muffs and from Big Ear. They work great on their own but I just want to double down to make sure I don't have hearing problems in the next few years. I've been competing on amateur level since 2015 and I regularly shoot my guns and rifles weekly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Ads