What's the best hearing protection gear for you? - Page 2

What's the best hearing protection gear for you?

This is a discussion on What's the best hearing protection gear for you? within the Misc. forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Ease of access to purchasing good quality suppressors to start with...then being able to legally use them in Canada. After that whichever of the above ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: What's the best hearing protection gear for you?

Ease of access to purchasing good quality suppressors to start with...then being able to legally use them in Canada. After that whichever of the above muffs works for you. I have my favourites in a post just ahead.
    Last edited by blwebster; 05-31-2017 at 06:20 PM.

I use MSA Sordin Supreme Pro X Neckband! They are way pricey, they work really good, and I wear headsets all day for my day job. I would hate having to wear another head clamping headset for fun, so I choose these! Cried once and love them!

MSA Sordin Supreme Pro X - Neckband.jpg
    Last edited by Intervention; 05-31-2017 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Intervention View Post
    I use MSA Sordin Supreme Pro X Neckband! They are way pricey, they work really good, and I wear headsets all day for my day job. I would hate having to wear another head clamping headset for fun, so I choose these! Cried once and love them!

MSA Sordin Supreme Pro X - Neckband.jpg
    Apart from my dreaming about being able to use a suppressor here in Canada, this muff is what I use as well. Very well made and it is absolutely surprising how much one can hear through them not to mention the long battery life.
    Intervention likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Howard Leight (electronic ones). You can set them to have normal level conversations.

I have noticed that the custom plugs work pretty well on the pistol range but the electronic muffs are the ticket for the rifle range. Just my 2 bits.
    In adversity remember to keep an even mind, train hard and fight easy.
    Horace/Alexander Suvoro

I use suppressors for all rifles/carbines ... not for pistols ... I wear COMTAC headsets ... which are basically same has howard leights except they have the radio hookups ... but when I need ear pro I usually wear the COMTACS ... I also keep a few jars of "lick em stick ems" around just in case.

I am happy with my ear pro !

(I was in a rockNroll band when a kid and we ran PEEVEE amps ... and I was in the US Army artillery and we ran big guns that went boom ... so my hearing was probably already shot before I started shooting scoped rifles 4.5 years ago )
    Rem .300WM(24) LS MK5 5-25x T3
    Rem .308(22) NF 7-35x T3
    Rem .308(20) LS Mk6 3-18x T3
    6.5G(18) LS Mk4 6.5-20x TMR
    5.56(18) Burris 3-15x SCR-MIL
    5.56(10.3) TEO IR-Hunter Mk3 60mm 4.5x 640(60)
    5.56(10.5) Holosun P515+3xmagnifier
    5.56(14.5) Burris 1.5-9x cq-mil
    .22LR(16) ODIN 17mm 1x 320(30)
    Tikka T1x Athlon 6-24x
    2xPVS-14 3p
    PVS-30
    PAS29/COTI 10mm 1x 320(30)
    Skeet 17mm 1x 320(30)
    UTCx 70mm 1x 640(60)
    RAPTAR
    RADIUS
    TEO-PATROL 19mm 1x 640(60)

Which electronic ear plugs are you guys using? I normally use foam plugs and they work great but I can't communicate well with them. I have a electronic headset that I bought from bigearinc and they work fantastic but I am looking for new ones. Could you suggest me any earplugs?

Usually wear foam plugs under Harbor freight Mickey's. Works for me. After a stint in the Air Force on the flight line and 30 years in construction I'm about half deaf. I'd like to keep what hearing I have left.

From a long time shooter 2/3 deaf now with double hearing aids that dont work too great. Dont skimp, Custom molded are ok for a trap range outside but suck on a rifle or pistol range, particularly enclosed. I am a range officer and I get blasted all the time. Best set up is double double. Good quality soft ear plugs with good quality outer muffs. Particularly for kids and ladies that still have great hearing. Dont go cheap. Leigh= cheap.

I like the Walker electronic, bud type. I like that they don’t interfere with my cheek weld, and they are connected with the retractable cord otherwise I know I would lose one. Also they are at a good price.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Ads