February 2018 Shooting Challenge - Page 2

February 2018 Shooting Challenge

This is a discussion on February 2018 Shooting Challenge within the Misc. forums, part of the Sniping Related category; At second look I realized I had an ace high straight. Not all in the same suit but not bad I guess. Figure I will ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: February 2018 Shooting Challenge

At second look I realized I had an ace high straight. Not all in the same suit but not bad I guess. Figure I will post it up and still try to get a second chance at it later.

6.5 CM, 100 yards off a bench with bipod and rear bag.

I brought the old 220 swift out for this one. Unfortunately we have about -12 deg C and swirling winds again with ice shards blowing throughout, so didn't do as well as I'd hoped. If weather cooperates tomorrow, I'll shoot one with the 300wsm and one with the 220 swift and take the better of the two. Any one else try to shoot this one?

Quote Originally Posted by donnie View Post
    I brought the old 220 swift out for this one. Unfortunately we have about -12 deg C and swirling winds again with ice shards blowing throughout, so didn't do as well as I'd hoped. If weather cooperates tomorrow, I'll shoot one with the 300wsm and one with the 220 swift and take the better of the two. Any one else try to shoot this one?
    I'm waiting for the weather to get higher than the teens around here...

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

As planned, I setup 2 targets and shot one with the 300wsm and one with the 220 swift. Winds were 0-30 mph and temp was 4.7 deg C. The target blew over twice with the 30mph gusts. Distance is just over 100yds.
    IMG_7143.JPG
    I was so close to breaking the line on both targets, but if there are no objections to paper wrinkling this close to the line, I shot a pair of aces with the 220 swift, or pair of kings with the 300 wsm.
    IMG_7155.JPG
    IMG_7158.JPG
    With all the freeze thaw going on, there is a layer of ice under the snow that makes building a stable shooting position very difficult. Also, bracing the target and maintaining a clear line of sight is a pain in the arse!
    IMG_7149.JPG
    So I guess I'll call it pair of aces, 10 high.

Finally got out to give this target a try. Failed to check my .308 before trying and couldn't hit a darn thing. Later found a loose scope mount. My bad. Will try to get back at it nest week. I did get a flush in spades with the 22.
    Scratch, :-D, NorCalFocus and 1 others like this.

Got out yesterday with the 308. Managed to hit 3 10's. Stopped shooting cause I thought I had 4, but at 100yd I couldn't see that I broke the line on one of them.

:-D, Scratch and NorCalFocus like this.

Forgot it was a short month so figured I'd better get on this! Tried going for a royal flush, but couldn't get them in all in the same suit without breaking a line. Got what I think is called a regular flush though! ...I think? I'm not much of a poker player...

100 yards, prone, Remington 700 SPS Tactical, .308, 168 A-Max/44.0 Varget

DubDubU likes this.

Just remember that unlike most other scoring, if you touch the line around the "Card", that card is no longer usable. This is one that you clearly want the hole well inside the border.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ads