Looking for gun safe recommendations... - Page 2

Looking for gun safe recommendations...

This is a discussion on Looking for gun safe recommendations... within the Misc. forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Originally Posted by Wheedle Honestly, I'm getting pretty close to just picking up one of the Cabelas labeled Liberty Fatboy Jr's... But, I have been ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheedle View Post
    Honestly, I'm getting pretty close to just picking up one of the Cabelas labeled Liberty Fatboy Jr's... But, I have been looking at Mesa's
    Super happy with mine.
    -I redefined trust between my wife and I. I bought her a gun, taught her to shoot, and made her the beneficiary on my life insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalFocus View Post
    Super happy with mine.
    Do you have the Liberty or the Cabelas labeled? Not that there is any difference that I have been able to find. Digital or dial lock?

What ever you think is big enough, get a bigger one. Get the heavy with the best fire ratings. Forget about sexy automotive finishings, brass plating and electronic locks. A total waste of money.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Do you have the Liberty or the Cabelas labeled? Not that there is any difference that I have been able to find. Digital or dial lock?
    If you can, stay with dial locks.

Cabelas Pro Vault with the dial lock.

Also spend the extra $100 and get the door organizer panel. I wasn’t going to, but after doing it I’m super happy I did.
    -I redefined trust between my wife and I. I bought her a gun, taught her to shoot, and made her the beneficiary on my life insurance.

I'm not going to recommend a particular brand of safe as everyone's needs and wants are different, I will however make a few suggestions, first off nobody expects a fire or attempted theft but in my research I found that the type and brand of expandable door seals are important, I believe you want to make sure the safe has Palusol seals, do a search online to find out more about them, also for me it was important that my safe had an electrical plug on the inside for a goldenrod and lights. I also believe IMO that it is important to be able to conceal the safe from visitors or the likes of repairman who might enter your home, if they don't see it they won't know you have it. If you have a Tractor Supply Co. store near you they also carry safes. Do your research and get what fits your needs. I bought a 650 lb. Cannon and though there are some things I don't like about it fits my security needs.

If you haven't found it yet, go to Gun Safes, Fire Safes, Gun Cabinets & Home Safes | GunSafes.com and you can put in the features that you want and it will show you what is available across a large range of manufacturers. It is what I used to get my 53 gun Winchester safe.

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by coffeediver View Post
    If you haven't found it yet, go to Gun Safes, Fire Safes, Gun Cabinets & Home Safes | GunSafes.com and you can put in the features that you want and it will show you what is available across a large range of manufacturers. It is what I used to get my 53 gun Winchester safe.

Barry
    I had been to that site, but hadn't noticed that feature. Thanks!

Well, I ended up picking up a Browning Prosteel Sporter 33 on clearance.

Why not turn an extra walk in closed into a fireproof safe. I know of folks who have done this because it looks like a regular door until it is opened and then they see the vault door. I have toyed with this idea for my next upgrade. The only problem is getting armor plating upstairs and the floor strengthened to hold the extra weight. With my luck, it would probably fill up in a year as my wife has filled everything else up in this house!! So I guess I'll stick with the little one I have.
    In adversity remember to keep an even mind, train hard and fight easy.
    Horace/Alexander Suvoro

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Ads