Surefire Procomp

Surefire Procomp

This is a discussion on Surefire Procomp within the Misc. forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Okay, so I purchased a Surfire Procomp for my Savage 10. My question is, do you use loctite to keep the brake in place on ...

Surefire Procomp

Okay, so I purchased a Surfire Procomp for my Savage 10.

My question is, do you use loctite to keep the brake in place on the end of the barrel? Is it advisable to use loctite on a threaded barrel? The brake comes with shims to get the right timing down. I'm just unsure about the loctite. I would like to use it, but I don't want to create a mess with the loctite if it is not recommended.

Thanks!
    Flyntus

I did a little research and came across Rockset. The description makes it sound like superglue. Can you get the brake off after using Flexbar Rockset?

Torch it up just like when we remove hard to unscrew stuck bolts.
    Hidden Content

The men who wrote the 2nd Amendment hadn't just finished a hunting trip.

They had just liberated a nation.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

I used red locktite for muzzle breaks. If you want to take them off just need to heat it up somewhere between 400-500° and it will break down the locktite. I used a propane torch and it worked just fine.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by flyntus View Post
    I did a little research and came across Rockset. The description makes it sound like superglue. Can you get the brake off after using Flexbar Rockset?
    Why would you take it off? That is not the type of brake you take on and off. Once it's on you leave it on.

Use the Rockset that comes with it and make sure you get the brake timed correctly when installing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob01 View Post
    Why would you take it off? That is not the type of brake you take on and off. Once it's on you leave it on.

Use the Rockset that comes with it and make sure you get the brake timed correctly when installing.
    Hmmmm??? I don't know much about different breaks. But on my gun, the break is tightened with a locknut and I removed the break every time I clean this gun to remove the build up on the end of the muzzle. As I've found that too much build up affects the precision of my shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by straightshooter1 View Post
    Hmmmm??? I don't know much about different breaks. But on my gun, the break is tightened with a locknut and I removed the break every time I clean this gun to remove the build up on the end of the muzzle. As I've found that too much build up affects the precision of my shooting.
    Some brakes you can but that one he bought is meant to be put on and left.

Never felt a need to clean under a brake but if you find precision dropping then guess you should. I would have told the OP, and might have in another post, to buy a similar brake that can be removed if need be but he went a different route.

Okay. So, I bought some red Loctite today. Is it advisable for me to put this on the threads before I install the brake. The brake only came with a crush washer and nothing else.

Thanks.
    flyntus

Get your brake set properly, ensure by shooting. When it is correctly timed head on home. Clean well, add lock-tite to clean male threads, torque to specification.

Thanks for the advice!

Ads