Help me build a super accurate AR15 - Page 2

Help me build a super accurate AR15

This is a discussion on Help me build a super accurate AR15 within the Modern Sporting Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Originally Posted by Scratch Right now, the barrel I'm considering is a 24" Krieger Varmatch with a 7.7 twist, and using a JP Enhanced bolt ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Help me build a super accurate AR15

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    Right now, the barrel I'm considering is a 24" Krieger Varmatch with a 7.7 twist, and using a JP Enhanced bolt which is what they suggest. I guess they no longer match bolts to barrels since they found out JP's bolts are tight enough tolerances that they like them instead.

I'm still waiting to hear back from White Oak to see what they say...
    That should be a tack driver!

Administrator
    meh. Eff the enhanced bolt.

SEND Krieger the bolt you want them to use, OR just have them supply a bolt.

Get an M16 phosphate bolt carrier to go with it, and spend the rest of the money on 69/77 Sierra MK ammo or components. If you REALLY want to see what a 7.7 Krieger can do, load some 80 Sierras or 82 Bergers long to about 0.030" jump.

-Nate
    NRA A2 Service Rifle High Master XTC
    NRA A2 Service Rifle Expert LR
    President's Hundred
    US Distinguished Rifleman
    NRA Silhouette AA

Hey Natdscott

Is there anything that can be done on the build that can cut down on ARs beating up on the case necks? Or is it something you just have to live with.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Martino1 View Post
    Hey Natdscott

Is there anything that can be done on the build that can cut down on ARs beating up on the case necks? Or is it something you just have to live with.
    From my understanding the dent is from the shell deflector. Try a little Velcro on it and see if that helps.

Well, with a lot of help from some other people more knowledgable than me... I finally figured out which barrel to go with, and came up with what I think is a pretty good combination...
    Ended up with a custom 20" SS Krieger barrel, chambered in White Oak Armament's, White Oak Varmint chamber, with a 1:7.7 twist.
    I'm also using a JP Enhanced bolt, and a clamp on style gas block (not sure who makes that...)
    Some of the other goodies on the rifle are a Magpul PRS stock, Geissele HSNM-DMR trigger, YHM TJ Comp handguard Atlas BT-10 bipod, ADM Recon QD mount, and a Vortex Viper PST 6-24X50 FFP scope.

I did a little load development over the past few days and right now it seems to like the Hornady ELD-M 73gr bullets over 22.4gr of Varget pretty well. These two 5 shot groups are at 100 yards, prone, using a bipod and rear bag, traveling around 2505 FPS

I'm still planning on fine tuning the recipe a little more, but I'm waaaaaaaaaay more happy with this rifle now than I was a month ago shooting 1.5 MOA with it.
    Thanks for all the help!

I second the WOA brand. I have their heavy varmint barrel. Which i'm sure is just as accurate as the match barrels. I got an 18 and wish I had gotten a 22 inch.

Be sure to get the right twist rate!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ads