Wanting economical safe recommendations

This is a discussion on Wanting economical safe recommendations within the Off Topic forums, part of the Sniping Related category; It will initially be home to 2 rifles and 2 pistols, but that may double at some point. I don't yet have a budget carved ...

It will initially be home to 2 rifles and 2 pistols, but that may double at some point. I don't yet have a budget carved out, but I know I won't be getting a $5k model big enough to sleep in.

thx

I say to buy the largest and best quality vault that you can possibly afford. That way you won't "out-grow" it and need to buy another one later on.
    Politicians and diapers both require frequent changing for the EXACT same reason...

+1
    I bought the Liberty Safe made for 50 guns. I have outgrown it faster than I thought I would. Mostly with just guns but a few other things like old knives and other things have found home in there also.
    JOEY

SC Member #2507
    SASS#84934

Bill Of Rights Supporter

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

For the most part with safes, you are going to get what you pay for. I know you don't know your budget. But how secure do you want it to be? How much fireprotection? How large? You will pay for each one of these items with increasing levels of security, fireprotection and size. If you want something to deter 99% of theives, nearly anything will do. How many times to you want to buy safes? As noted above you will outgrow it. I purchased a Champion because the prices being offered were at a considerable discount to other leading brands for the same or higher security and fire protection ratings as well as size. But I woudn't say the were inexpensive just a good deal.
    Hawk

My safe is a Cannon. I like it because it has a traditional dial instead of a keypad. It also has internal hinges, always get internal hinges, they're more secure. Also, be sure to get a safe that's fire rated.

Rigger
    I hate to be the cruel hand of reality slapping you across the face but, someone has to do it.

Life's hard, buy a helmet. You're not going to get coddled around here so get over it.

Hidden Content

Look around Columbus for an old bank building, preferably 1920's vintage in need of some tlc then turn it into a real cool apartment complete with a HUGE built in gunsafe ... 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi
    Look around Columbus for an old bank building, preferably 1920's vintage in need of some tlc then turn it into a real cool apartment complete with a HUGE built in gunsafe ... 8)
    I like this idea and my friends, family just so happens to own an old bank building right in the downtown square of my city hmmmm
    The truth only hurts if you're ashamed of it

Dick's Sporting Goods had a couple 24-28 gun safes by Stackon that were on sale for a while for under 600$. They were fire proof and water proof and came with a dial instead of a digital keypad.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding whats for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote - Benjamin Franklin

Re: Wanting economical safe recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by pittbug
    It will initially be home to 2 rifles and 2 pistols, but that may double at some point. I don't yet have a budget carved out, but I know I won't be getting a $5k model big enough to sleep in.

thx
    Hey Pitt, Vance's Shooter's Supply is having a pretty good sale on safes and on firearms for that matter.

Google them and download the sales flyer. Have you been to Vance's? It's in an area where you want to lock your car while going down the street and concealed carry. If you are on the east side of town head out to Buckeye Outdoor in Hebron (or is it Heath?) it's at the 79 exit off of 70, they are owned by Vance's and have the same prices and you may not get robbed while in the neighborhood.

Ads