Insight-Tech M6X Laser+Light combo

This is a discussion on Insight-Tech M6X Laser+Light combo within the Off Topic forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Please bear with me if this is slightly off-topic. But hey, this is the off-topic forum! I really want one of those for my HK ...

Please bear with me if this is slightly off-topic. But hey, this is the off-topic forum!

I really want one of those for my HK P30, but they are so darn expensive here in Austria.
    I will be on vacation in the USA in August, so I thought I can just buy it in the USA for a lot less than at home and then bring it home with me.

But I wanted to ask first:
    Will airlines (United in particular) complain about those laser+light LAMs in my checked baggage?
    Is it legal to buy those in the USA as a tourist?
    Moreover, is it legal in the USA to export them as a private person?

Just avoiding any potential trouble at the airport.

Thank you very much!

This is something that you should call the airline for. You will not have any problems buying the product over here but taking it with you might be a problem. I know a lot of places here in the US wont ship any laser or night vision devices over seas. So like I said your best bet is to contact the airlines for there rules. Hope this helps.

You could buy it here when you get here, then ship it to yourself.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

I would wager that customs on your end would be the other problem. The "do you have anything to declare?" question would be my sticking point.

I too would recommend purchasing it and then shipping it to yourself. Much less headache that way. I don't see why a laser should have any import/export issues. However I would do whatever you can with customs on your end before buying it in the US.

Btw, my experience with lasers is in regard to science stuff, not firearms related.

I mean, when you get down to it It's just a flash light, though I wouldn't put it past customs to have some wierd rule about it. I would just ship it home like the other guys said.

Rigger
    I hate to be the cruel hand of reality slapping you across the face but, someone has to do it.

Life's hard, buy a helmet. You're not going to get coddled around here so get over it.

Hidden Content

Ads