Officer Fired

Officer Fired

This is a discussion on Officer Fired within the Off Topic forums, part of the Sniping Related category; This is my class 3 weapons dealer in austin. He told me about this stop when I was picking up my suppressor from mike. Don't ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Officer Fired

Officer Fired

This is my class 3 weapons dealer in austin. He told me about this stop when I was picking up my suppressor from mike. Don't think I'll be using him again.

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/myfox/pages/ ... geId=1.1.1
    Walther P99 9mm/AAC Evo
    Noveske Afghan AR15/WOTAC 4-14/Ops Inc 12th
    Desert Tactical SRS 338/TBD/Tac Ops 338
    Tac Ops Tango/Hensoldt 4-16/Tac Ops 30

I'm still trying to figure out what he did wrong? He busted out a window? He should have cracked the people head's.

Avading, cocain,brass knuckles, and pipes. Yeah sounds like a real winner to protect here bud?

This is why I couldn't be a Police Officer (My hats off to those of you who are) I would drag you out of your vehical and commence bouncing your head off the asphalt for at least 10 minutes.

Then steps in the Lib media. Yeah we all know how it goes from there. Lonewolf's sig say's it best.

-.Brian
    ***SPF***

SOLD PENDING FUNDS!

Is the problem that he used a bat?

I would think given the conditions, a chase....and the driver seems to be pretty antsy in his stop, as in the car kinda starts forward again after he stops as if he is about to take off...I dunno. I could see an officer using a baton or a flashlight to bust the window and restrain the driver being justified?

Far from an expert, I just fed the dummies after they were booked.

I am dyslexia of Borg, futility is resistant, your &#* will be laminated.

The People's Moderator!

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Personally I think the shotgun aimed at the guy's face was ample force. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to justify the guy in the jeep's actions, but I always get concerned with overuse of force mainly because it tends to bleed over into situations when it's not called for. From my experience in the town I'm from the attitude has shifted from serving the public's best interests to us against them which is a really scary trend. I don't want to come across as an armchair quarterback but I don't think I would have reacted the same way in that situation. There are other tools to de-escalate the situation other than smashing a guy's window. If the driver refused to get out I can understand but it looks more like taking out frustration than anything else.
    Walther P99 9mm/AAC Evo

I totally hear where you're comin from...you're the dude from there, and you know the vibe on the streets better than any of us.

My question is, if a person has already run from you in a vehicle once, and looks to me like the vehicle starts to move forward again after it has stopped, is breaking the window to prevent it from fleeing again justified? I don't think its just that he would not get out of the vehicle, but that they were concerned he would flee again.

I think it is stupid that buddy is carrying a louisville slugger instead of his baton, and that another tool would have been better to break the window, and that much was very unprofessional.

Sometimes you can de-escalate, sometimes you can't. I wasn't there.

Could they have known the person in the vehicle beforehand, in a "he was a troublemaker" kinda way? Cause he was really ridin dirty.

The newsman did say there was trouble with this officer on the job before too. Who knows.

The People's Moderator!

Hidden Content

Well the vibe I got was not that they were scared he would flee but that he wanted the guy out of the car and he could. I may be totally off on that, I wasn't there either. I guess the point is that the officer didn't know that the guy had brass knuckles or cocaine, it could have just been a kid being stupid. The immediate reaction of the officer was not to assess the situation but to smash a window with a baseball bat and that just bothers me. I know that's not always a luxury but it can be dangerous to both the civilians and the cops when that line is crossed. Personally I blame the justice system for failing to keep the real baddies behind bars so officers don't have to live in constant fear of getting gunned down by an 8x felon.
    Walther P99 9mm/AAC Evo

maybe dept. was to broke to give him a new baton and gave him a bat instead

It's a hard call to make, and I tend not to second-guess when I wasn't there.

I have always felt that if you run from the police, you should expect to get your butt kicked. Just my opinion...

I do see it a bit disturbing that the cop was carrying a baseball bat. The video said it was because he broke his nightstick a few weeks earlier. If I was a cop and had broken my nightstick, it would have been replaced the very next day.

I believe the whole problem lies with the use of the baseball bat. Had he useda nightstick, I don't see the media making such a big deal about it.
    RIP 27 February, 2014

We greatly appreciated the years of your life you spent with all of us. Sleep well, brother.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf

I believe the whole problem lies with the use of the baseball bat. Had he useda nightstick, I don't see the media making such a big deal about it.
    +1 thats what I see the problem really being as well. It's unprofessional, and I don't know why he couldn't just get another baton.

Unless he's Buford T Pusser and just likes carrying a 2x4...get the tools you need.

How in the hell would he explain having the baseball bat and having to use it...

The People's Moderator!

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf
    +1. I think he was trying to stop the guy from pulling off as he had already done it once and the car even lunged forward again on the 2nd stop. If he had a baton I don't think this would have been to big of an issue either.

I saw another incident yesterday (maybe it's old, I can't find it again) where 4 cops were trying to restrain a guy when one cop pulled his gun out and shot the guy in the head with a train load (literally) of bystanders watching and recording. It looked like he did it on accident as he seemed shocked. Any word on what the heck was going on with that one?
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding whats for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote - Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads