sunfish into duck boat

sunfish into duck boat

This is a discussion on sunfish into duck boat within the Off Topic forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Hey guys, My buddy said i can have his old sunfish if i want it, and i was thinking about converting it to a small ...

sunfish into duck boat

Hey guys, My buddy said i can have his old sunfish if i want it, and i was thinking about converting it to a small duck boat that i tow behind my bigger duck boat and use it to go into the tight spots i cant get my boat into or to retrieve ducks. Its just an idea but i was wondering what you guys would think about it.

thanks

stephen

man i'd kill for a duck boat big or little. why do you need a big one to begin with? does it take that much equipment to hunt ducks that you need a bigger boat than a little boat? put a trolling motor on the little boat and you can get into any spot. then sell the big boat and by yourself a nice duck gun
    Proud owner:
    1934 matching K-31
    .308 Savage Tactical
    .270 Remington 700 Sendero
    Remington 510 Targetmaster .22
    Parker Hale 1200 Super 7mm Rem Mag

hey,

Lol well maybe i shouldnt of used the word big boat, i only used that because i was comparing the sunfish to the boat i have now.

My duck boat/summer boat, i convert it back and forth for the seasons, is a 14ft sea ark jon boat. All welded aluminum boat. with a 40hp evenruide E-tec on it. Great boat and plenty of power to load her up and go.

I can get just about anywhere with my boat depending on the tides here, but thats why i was looking at that sunfish to get into those really tight areas in the marsh that even my small boat cant fit.

My 14ft jon boat i can fit 3 guys pretty good and 4 guys is ok just a little tight. i have a nice fold up blind that goes on it. I hate going with a lot of guys though, i only like going with two people.

I usually carry around 24 decoys, and this summer iam buying up exotic decoys to make a nice spread so i can get some of those exotics to come in as they usually only go into groups of there own kind.

Deathstick, your always welcome if in the area to come.

stephen

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

hmm, it just seems like alot of kit to me. My gramps has a 14 foot aluminum boat himself but i don't think his motor is as big as a 40hp. he towed me in a kayak out to fishing spots on some of the bigger lakes in Minnesota. I should think the motor could tow it just fine, even loaded with two people gear and decoys. you could put the soggy dripping english setter in the little boat so he doesn't get all over you and your gear, lol...
    Proud owner:
    1934 matching K-31
    .308 Savage Tactical

Turn the little one into a cooler for adult beverages. You can't have too much space for adult beverages.

hey

Haha, nice thought but during duck hunting season its plenty cold enough to keep everthing cold. actually you have to watch out to make sure they dont freeze.

But i herd the sunfish arent that steady so i might not use it but not sure, its free so i can always just test things out.

even for a little fishing boat... you could put a trolling motor on it and it would be the perfect size for a one man fishing boat. I take it this one doesn't have a sail. we take sunfish out in the bay here on the weekends, I've been in some pretty choppy stuff with them and they don't seem too bad.
    Proud owner:
    1934 matching K-31
    .308 Savage Tactical

hey

Yeah it dosnt have a sail, Yup i was thiking of putting a trolling motor or making a small mud motor.

what i have herd some people do with the sunfish is that they cut it open bigger and put sides on it that fold down a little with grass and all on it.

Ads