Not as active due to all of the ads on here - Page 2

Not as active due to all of the ads on here

This is a discussion on Not as active due to all of the ads on here within the Off Topic forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I have often recommended TS customs rifles. I have several rifles he has put together for me. I have owned other custom rifles that shot ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Not as active due to all of the ads on here

I have often recommended TS customs rifles. I have several rifles he has put together for me. I have owned other custom rifles that shot well too. Thing is, with all of the factory rifles I have shot I have not found one that I was truly happy with. I had about $3200 in my rem 700 before I realized that it wasn’t going to ever shoot like I wanted. For that price I could have had a full custom instead of a factory barreled action with a lot of upgrades. So I recommend what I recommend out of personal experience. If your experience is otherwise, then either you have lower expectations of your rifles, or you have an unusually accurate factory rifle. I would have been better off starting out with a custom and that is true for most people who really plan to shoot. So in reality I am trying to save people money. It is not cheap to shoot precision consistently.

Same is true with scopes. I started with lower end scopes and found very quickly that they did not satisfy me. after using higher end scopes I see why they cost more. They simply work better. So one who wants quality gear will save more money in the long run by buying quality glass at the beginning.

As far as vendors with recommendations, many recommend what they make the most money on. They will push their products and talk down on anything else. A very few vendors will only sell what they truly have experienced is the best. They sell it because it is the best. If it is sub par they will drop it from their line. These vendors are often viewed skeptically, but in reality are the truly honest vendors.

I know you disagree with me and that is fine, but it doesn’t change the reality of each of these statements.
    Martino1 likes this.
    Desert Tech SRS A1 with TS Customs 308 win, 22 CM, and 7 LRM barrels
    Primal Rights 40x .22LR Repeater
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Hidden Content

The truth is the ads on this site isn't what's really steering everybody away. I can't see how 3 to 5 ads will do that. You don't have read them it's just another thing to scroll over.

I'm completely content with my sub par rifle though. I know that between the piece of paper and what it took to put a single hole in it cost my under 3g. That's covers everything including the piece of paper. This is also from a newbie that only puts out maybe 1k at best through it a yr. On average my hand load will be around .2 to .3. Some days I'm not with it and some times the stars align and it gives me a .0.

To be honest I'm far too busy and lost the fun shortly after just railing 1 hole once load development was done to want to even do this all the time. I find shooting a clay target more fun than shooting a grape at 200yrds. After 3 grapes it gets pretty boring. But after all is said and done this is just a couple more post's and another way for someone to pass 5 min while taking a poo.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cross eyed sniper View Post
    The truth is the ads on this site isn't what's really steering everybody away. I can't see how 3 to 5 ads will do that. You don't have read them it's just another thing to scroll over.

I'm completely content with my sub par rifle though. I know that between the piece of paper and what it took to put a single hole in it cost my under 3g. That's covers everything including the piece of paper. This is also from a newbie that only puts out maybe 1k at best through it a yr. On average my hand load will be around .2 to .3. Some days I'm not with it and some times the stars align and it gives me a .0.

To be honest I'm far too busy and lost the fun shortly after just railing 1 hole once load development was done to want to even do this all the time. I find shooting a clay target more fun than shooting a grape at 200yrds. After 3 grapes it gets pretty boring. But after all is said and done this is just a couple more post's and another way for someone to pass 5 min while taking a poo.

Well maybe you should frequent another forum if our sport bores you. Wading through 10 ads for something that used to be actually useful to newbies. It really sux when the pursuit of $ takes something really good and corrupts it. Suggestions were made by actual individuals who DID NOT HAVE A FINANCIAL INTEREST IN WHAT YOU BUY!!! Recommendations from those individuals that participate in the sport carry much more weight than someone who signs up in a forum and starts posting threads selling stuff in their store. In my view it's dishonest as this is... Or rather was a forum of shooters who shared their insights and experiences in the sport. Now we've got retailers posting threads as shooters used to in order to make a buck.

I suggest that retailers take out ads and stop posting threads like shooters. It cheapens the spirit of what this forum once was. That's my opinion. It seems as though I'm not the only one.. If the administrators of this forum want to sit back and do nothing while the shooters that gave this site credibility look elsewhere to share their knowledge so be it. They're voicing their opinions on the direction this site is headed, ignore them at your peril.
    straightshooter1 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

I started lurking after reading post #2 of a thread on modifications. The post was about learning techniques vs "stuff".
    Yes, there are many (most) posts that are advertisements. I skip over those unless it's something that interests me.
    But the search function is great for me as I am wanting to shoot longer distances. Old dog, new tricks kinda deal.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cross eyed sniper View Post
    No it's not that at all. You can spend your money how you please. If your happy then awesome money well spent. It was every new person that came into here was asking what a good idea for a long range rifle would be. Then you got the same people saying the same thing. You would be better off just going custom. No tikka, howa, savage, remington or whatever shelf rifle will ever do what this one company could build.

Then you take that and move into scopes and it moves in a very similar direction. The same thing can be said with dies, presses and powder drops. There was no real good one unless it was almost the tip top of the line. So every new person was led to believe that they could get into precision but it's going to cost them a lot.

It also came down to what one person said, did and sold was the only way to go. Any other way or rifle just isn't capable and their equipment can't produce the results unless you bought it from me or did what i do use what i use.

Sorry if you were offended it's just what i watched from the side.

Im not offered, I was the new shooter who bought the rem 700 and put a $300 scope on it. Then a 600, then 1000, then 1600, then finally a 2500.00 Gen 2 razor. Same with rifles, I own a few rem 700's, but after owning a custom and realizing the consistency and accuracy ( consistent .3 moa with factory ammo) I wish I bought it 10 years ago instead of struggling. To each their own.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Gunguy308; 04-17-2019 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunguy308 View Post
    Im not offered, I was the new shooter who bought the rem 700 and put a $300 scope on it. Then a 600, then 1000, then 1600, then finally a 2500.00 Gen 2 razor. Same with rifles, I own a few rem 700's, but after owning a custom and realizing the consistently and accuracy ( consistent .3 moa with factory ammo) I wish I bought it 10 years ago instead of struggling. To each their own.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    That's what the old hands here say repeatedly, buy good stuff, buy once and cry once. Buy the cheap scopes and rifles and you wonder forever what is going wrong when you can't get decent groups.

That kind of wisdom will be lost as the old hands with experience migrate elsewhere.

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by RichardB6 View Post
    I agree
    6 posts and a member for 2 hours, but you haven’t been as active lately due to ads? Hmmm.
    Desert Tech SRS A1 with TS Customs 308 win, 22 CM, and 7 LRM barrels
    Primal Rights 40x .22LR Repeater
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Hidden Content

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ads