Not as active due to all of the ads on here

This is a discussion on Not as active due to all of the ads on here within the Off Topic forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I hate to say this because I used to browse on here so much more than I do now. I also do not want to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Not as active due to all of the ads on here

I hate to say this because I used to browse on here so much more than I do now. I also do not want to call out any specific members on here but I am not on here as much because it seems like at least every other post is about some type of sale on some item. I used to like to browse the active topics daily to see what was new and what people were chatting about but I have to confess that I am not on here much at all. I wish that those who want to post deals (which I am all for) would do just one a day, or one a week with all of the deals in one spot because it takes up so much of the site. I think I know why someone would post deals, and again, I am all for letting people know about them, but it has made me a bit upset that it is all I see.

Sorry for the rant.

Ted
    Martino1 and Bear9350 like this.

I agree.
    And frankly none of the prices are anything special.

I used to come here daily, but now I come here maybe once every 2 or 3 weeks.

I have noticed a shift in the last year from forum participants to sales adds. I know those guys have to eat but I don't come here for that. I'm looking for ways to get tighter groups downrange. I'm inclined to pass along what I've learned to those starting, but its getting to be a pain to wade through the adds.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

I don't come here as much anymore either. maybe once every week or so. As an example when I clicked today's posts 3 of the 5 posts were ads from app47inc.

Ditto. this is becoming ridiculous. I was think of posting some watches on here. I have cut my visitation.

I just clicked off this site. to much BS adds to sort through. good bye for now

I have to say the same. I got away for the longest time due to other types of posts. If a nickel was saved every time ts customs was mentioned someone would be sitting on a beach with no worries. Was gone long enough though that i forgot password and had to change name because of it. Just to come back to a dead as hell forum. Not sure what it would take to revive this but for now i can log on once a week and in 2 minutes be done with it.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Sponsors
    No worries, I understand. When the current owners purchased the forums from me, I worried this might happen, but they bought it to make money. If you want a cleaner, but not nearly as many posts and history yet, I opened a basic forums again on the main sniper central page. Forums Archive - Sniper Central

I'm still checking here periodically, but not as much either...

MEL

Quote Originally Posted by cross eyed sniper View Post
    I have to say the same. I got away for the longest time due to other types of posts. If a nickel was saved every time ts customs was mentioned someone would be sitting on a beach with no worries. Was gone long enough though that i forgot password and had to change name because of it. Just to come back to a dead as hell forum. Not sure what it would take to revive this but for now i can log on once a week and in 2 minutes be done with it.

So your upset that people like me who bought a rifle from TS Customs with our hard earned money, and are extremely satisfied, not mention it?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

No it's not that at all. You can spend your money how you please. If your happy then awesome money well spent. It was every new person that came into here was asking what a good idea for a long range rifle would be. Then you got the same people saying the same thing. You would be better off just going custom. No tikka, howa, savage, remington or whatever shelf rifle will ever do what this one company could build.

Then you take that and move into scopes and it moves in a very similar direction. The same thing can be said with dies, presses and powder drops. There was no real good one unless it was almost the tip top of the line. So every new person was led to believe that they could get into precision but it's going to cost them a lot.

It also came down to what one person said, did and sold was the only way to go. Any other way or rifle just isn't capable and their equipment can't produce the results unless you bought it from me or did what i do use what i use.

Sorry if you were offended it's just what i watched from the side.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads