50 BMG for hunting

50 BMG for hunting

This is a discussion on 50 BMG for hunting within the Off Topic forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Well Zastava hit the market with a new "hunting" rifle. I can't say I know the purpose of the 50BMG in hunting arena but here ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

50 BMG for hunting

Well Zastava hit the market with a new "hunting" rifle. I can't say I know the purpose of the 50BMG in hunting arena but here she is :
    http://www.zastava-arms.co.yu/images...bini/LKM93.htm

Personally I like the rifle but... 50BMG for hunting!? :shock: :shock: :shock:

slip
    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." -- Bruce Lee

Sure, didn't they open up Jurassic Park last week for limited draw velociraptor hunts?

:shock: That is one nice rifle. I can see the hunting application, set up somewhere central and hunt all the surrounding reserves from your picnic chair with a beer in your hand

Hey Slip, any idea on how much that bad boy costs?

Also, it says max effective range of 1 mile. I thought the 50cal was capable of at least 2500yards.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

I can't see hunting with something that removes a soccerball sized chunk of flesh.It's probably for 'political correctness'.They could't very well call it the 'Hand of Allah' and not get bad publicity from western nations.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by jeffdorr
    I can't see hunting with something that removes a soccerball sized chunk of flesh.It's probably for 'political correctness'.They could't very well call it the 'Hand of Allah' and not get bad publicity from western nations.

Jeff
    That was good for a morning chuckle. Seriously though, haven't you heard? Whale hunting with rifles is the new in thing. It's finding a place to mount them that's a bear.

Actually, hunting with a .50 BMG has a pretty big following in the US. And it's really not as extreme as you may think, It's just a larger projectile than most people are used to.

Rigger
    I hate to be the cruel hand of reality slapping you across the face but, someone has to do it.

Life's hard, buy a helmet. You're not going to get coddled around here so get over it.

Hidden Content

!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpsshooter
    Sure, didn't they open up Jurassic Park last week for limited draw velociraptor hunts?
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Danny I have no clue whats the price on those rifles. They told us to call in 2 weeks for more informations.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffdorr
    They could't very well call it the 'Hand of Allah' and not get bad publicity from western nations.
    Very true Jeff! lol

slip
    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." -- Bruce Lee

Re: 50 BMG for hunting

Quote Originally Posted by slip
    Personally I like the rifle but... 50BMG for hunting!? :shock: :shock: :shock:

slip
    Maybe they saw Jurassic Park and did not realize it was just a movie? If I had to hunt T-Rex; I would consider that weapon.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpsshooter
    Oh really, now see, I must be confused because I thought it was Utahraptors and they were shutting down the Velociraptor hunt this year citing population regrowth.

:lol:

But seriously...in North America, if you are hunting with any .50 that isn't either a frontstuffer, or a straight-walled cartridge..you are just obnoxiously naive and silly. This is my opinion, in no uncertain terms.

Nate
    NRA A2 Service Rifle High Master XTC
    NRA A2 Service Rifle Expert LR
    President's Hundred
    US Distinguished Rifleman
    NRA Silhouette AA

i can see the use of a 50 bmg in hunting... why gut the animal when the round can do it for you... saves alot of time!!! haha

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Ads