Looking For Good Binos

Looking For Good Binos

This is a discussion on Looking For Good Binos within the Optics forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Hi all, At the moment i'm in the process searching for good binos, looking at spending between $600-$1000 for decent glass. what are your thoughts ...

Looking For Good Binos

Hi all,
    At the moment i'm in the process searching for good binos,
    looking at spending between $600-$1000 for decent glass.
    what are your thoughts on the Meopta? My friend has them and they're of great quality just wondering what i can compare them with to give me some idea. Looking at the 8x42 or maybe the 10x50

Don't bother telling about the leicas either....way out of my price range :cry:

i recommend
    Pentax 10x50 DCF EDs & Pentax DCF SPs. Both are great - i own the SPs and a friend uses the EDs. We use them for deer stalking. Alot of stalking occurs in the poor light conditions of dawn and dusk, so the quality of the optics is paramount.

Meopta make decent mid priced riflescopes but i have no knowledge of their binoculars.

Have you researched Steiner Binoculars.These are also very good.

Thanks Scots, I'll have a look at the pentax binos, like you I hunt Sambar deer very early when there's barely any light, so i need binos that perform in that sense and also provide crystal clear view.
    Nothing worse than trying to figure out if thats an antler or a twig or nothing at all... cheers

Ads