SN-3 vs. Premiere vs. Razor

This is a discussion on SN-3 vs. Premiere vs. Razor within the Optics forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Guys I'm stuck in my decision making process. I can't seem to make my mind up on what is going to sit on top of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Guys I'm stuck in my decision making process. I can't seem to make my mind up on what is going to sit on top of my 338 LM. So far I'm looking at three scopes but just can't decide on what. My choices are:

1) US Optics SN-3 T-Pal 5-25x w/MDMOA reticle and EREK 1/4 moa turret
    2) Premiere Heritage 5-25x
    3) Vortex Razor

The purpose of this rifle is to ring steel out to 2500 meters and weight is not an issue. Of the three I really like the US Optic option due to MOA adjustments and reticle, however I'm not opposed to a Mil/Mil setup either. Any input would be appreciated.
    Recognize what is in your sight, and that which is hidden from you will become plain to you.

Sum dominus fati: sed sum princeps meae.

Premier Heritage would be my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob01
    Premier Heritage would be my choice.
    Rob do you mind elaborating on why? I value your input and would like to specifically why you would chose the PH above the others.
    Recognize what is in your sight, and that which is hidden from you will become plain to you.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

The Premier has great glass, good knobs and tracks perfectly. The reticle will also be perfect for your needs. All in all it's an excellent scope.

Have heard differing reports on the Razor so kind of on the fence about it for now. Will wait to see how it gets worked out.

Not really a USO fan and I have owned 5 of them. I'll leave it at that.

When do you plan on purchasing? If you are near austin in the near future you are more than welcome to try out my premier.
    Walther P99 9mm/AAC Evo
    Noveske Afghan AR15/WOTAC 4-14/Ops Inc 12th
    Desert Tactical SRS 338/TBD/Tac Ops 338
    Tac Ops Tango/Hensoldt 4-16/Tac Ops 30

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGoD
    When do you plan on purchasing? If you are near austin in the near future you are more than welcome to try out my premier.
    I plan on purchasing somewhere around the end of year. I'm just going to have to take you up on your offer. Austin is fun anyway so I just might get out that way and make a weekend of. I'll shoot you a PM when I figure out when I can cut loose and go your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Longshot38
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGoD
    I plan on purchasing somewhere around the end of year. I'm just going to have to take you up on your offer. Austin is fun anyway so I just might get out that way and make a weekend of. I'll shoot you a PM when I figure out when I can cut loose and go your way.
    Cool, just let me know. I'll be gone the second weekend in november but other than that I should be ok. I'll have to call mike tonight and see if he sent my 338 barrel yet.
    Walther P99 9mm/AAC Evo
    Noveske Afghan AR15/WOTAC 4-14/Ops Inc 12th
    Desert Tactical SRS 338/TBD/Tac Ops 338
    Tac Ops Tango/Hensoldt 4-16/Tac Ops 30

Quote Originally Posted by Rob01
    Have heard differing reports on the Razor so kind of on the fence about it for now. Will wait to see how it gets worked out.

Rob,

I'm curious as to what "differing" reports are you hearing? Other than what Frank did and what the the guys at Rifles Only experience. There are only only about 20 in the country right now and just a handful out in the general public. Even fewer out for any testing (aside from the popular gun rags). Aside from the fussy high mag sight picture and some personal preferences on features, do you have any negative data on tracking/zero holding/toughness?

Scott
    Scott Berish
    Liberty Optics LLC
    A Sponsoring Vendor of Sniper Central
    Hidden Content
    "See Better, Shoot Better"
    406-890-2714
    Hidden Content

Heard that the eye relief is sort of a problem. Also not very happy with the reticle but it's a personal preference.

Nothing on tracking yet but waiting to hear as that's a pet pieve of mine. I hate scopes that don't track.

As to toughness, time will tell.

We all hate scopes that don't track. I think you will find that the Razor excels in that category.
    Scott Berish
    Liberty Optics LLC
    A Sponsoring Vendor of Sniper Central
    Hidden Content
    "See Better, Shoot Better"
    406-890-2714
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads