USO sn-6 vs. Unertl 10x usmc

This is a discussion on USO sn-6 vs. Unertl 10x usmc within the Optics forums, part of the Sniping Related category; wanted to hear from some one who is framiliar with both scopes. Obviously the USMC Unertl 10x must be a great scope if the marine ...

wanted to hear from some one who is framiliar with both scopes. Obviously the USMC Unertl 10x must be a great scope if the marine snipers use it but i have researched the USO sn-6 and seems to be as good or even better. Any experienced opinions on these 2 scopes. I currently have a Leupold vari xIII m3 luminated and was getting a new rifle and needed a new scope. The price tag one the Unertl is extremely high compared to the USO sn-6. Also what is the difference from the the Unertl 10x that is offered throught the Unertl website and the MST-100 on the USO website? is the MST-100 just a refurbished Unertl with USO parts?

Re: USO sn-6 vs. Unertl 10x usmc

Quote Originally Posted by remi700
    wanted to hear from some one who is familiar with both scopes. Obviously the USMC Unertl 10x must be a great scope if the marine snipers use it but i have researched the USO sn-6 and seems to be as good or even better. Any experienced opinions on these 2 scopes. I currently have a Leupold vari xiii m3 luminated and was getting a new rifle and needed a new scope. The price tag one the Unertl is extremely high compared to the USO sn-6. Also what is the difference from the the Unertl 10x that is offered throught the Unertl website and the MST-100 on the USO website? is the MST-100 just a refurbished Unertl with USO parts?
    Don't know about the Unertl, but I have both the ST-10(Sn-6) and the MST-100.

Primary value of the MST-100 is for the collector who wants the exact replica of the M40A3 rifle.

The latest ones (those available to the public) are complete new construction with improved optics and with improved parts including stainless steel, etc.

The ST-10(SN-6) offers slightly better optics and parallax control with a price that is slightly more than half of the MST-100. A terrific deal for someone NOT creating a M40A3 clone.

"No experience is so conductive to steady and accurate shooting as the knowledge of the impossibility to escape by speed."

Sir Samuel Baker (Via Jeff Cooper)

Sponsors
    The MST-100 is the scope used by the USMC. USO received the contract for the USMC scopes a few years ago (there is a big legal feasico related to this you can read about at other places). USO was contracted to build the exact scope that Unertl was supplying. I believe they have a few upgrades in optics and internals, but its the same scope beyond that.

MEL

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

!

Well the MST 100, Sn6, and ST10 all come in a fixed 10x.

For the price of a MST 100 to can deck out one of the other two, illuminated...sunshade...ect.

But the ST10 you can also get a 17x and the SN6 comes in 17x and 22x.

If you are set on a fixed 10x the biggest difference is price and size.

I lean toward the MST 100 because its a more compact scope set up and will get the job done.

But I refuse to pay that much for a fixed 10 So I will prolly get a SN3 t-pal in the next few months.
    "If the enemy is in range, so are you."

what is the main difference between the st10 and sn6? the st10 is slightly cheaper than the sn6 but is a newer model. The st10 has the erek knob but the sn6 doesnt. doesnt that make the st10 a better tactical choice?

Quote Originally Posted by remi700
    what is the main difference between the st10 and sn6? the st10 is slightly cheaper than the sn6 but is a newer model. The st10 has the erek knob but the sn6 doesnt. doesnt that make the st10 a better tactical choice?

The ST10 is more of a mass production scope....you can upgrade certain features but its still a base scope. The Sn6 you are basically going to design yourself from the ground up.

ST10 = less options....less money.

Just like everything....you get what you pay for.
    "If the enemy is in range, so are you."

Ads