Nightforce or U.S. Optics???

This is a discussion on Nightforce or U.S. Optics??? within the Optics forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Hey Shooters, Kind of have a slight dilemma here pertaining to choosing a scope top off the GAP Crusader I have coming in. I originally ...

Hey Shooters, Kind of have a slight dilemma here pertaining to choosing a scope top off the GAP Crusader I have coming in. I originally wanted a Nightforce NXS F1 3.5-15x50 w/MLR2 reticle, but after looking around, I noticed I can also get a USO 3.2-17X44 SN-3 for just a bit more. Any suggestions???

I've heard nothing, but good things about both. I only have experience with the NF. I don't have any experience with USO... All I know is they're built like a TANK!!!

All Suggestions, Advice, and Feedback welcome :wink: . Thank You for listening, Take Very Good Care and Be Safe Always.

-SGT.RAVEN-
    "From A Place You Will Not See... Comes A Sound You Will Not Hear"

Re: Nightforce or U.S. Optics???

Ferrari or Lamborghini? Sorry to answer your question with a question... but thats where you're at. NF shooters will say NF and vice versa.

Rico is correct in that they both are great scopes ... the Devil is in the details.... Since your speaking about the Nightforce F1 then im guessing your looking strictly at FFP optics

Parallax - Both have a side focus model, USO has a ERGO or Adjustable Objective

Zero Stops - Nightforce has true zero stops, the EREK can be setup like one

Reticle - both have a variety to choose from to fit almost any application.

Illum - Both have it, the USO has a better control system in my opinion. Simple push button with memory to default back to your last setting. Turning the nightforce on and off is simple by pulling out the side focus parallax. Changing the setting requires getting under the cap, inconvienient in my opinion.

Weight - pretty much a dead heat with them both right around 2lbs

Rear eyepiece - USO whole rear eyepiece does not turn when you change the magnification, the Nightforce does. Not a huge deal, can be annoying with flip up caps, thats why most NF users zip tie the bikini covers to the scope. The nightforce diopter adjustment has a locking ring so once its set it doesn't move, the USO has a fast focus option that doesn't lock.

High Speed Turrents - Nightforce has them and they work great. USO has 9 mils a turn on the standard EREK knob but your windage will still be 5 mils per turn. USO also has a milestone EREK that has 10 i believe and heavier detents or clicks every 10 clicks or every full mil for counting or adjusting by feel.

Objective Diameter - Nightforce comes in 50mm, USO comes in a variety of sizes but if you want side focus you only have the one choice. If you want the ERGO front focus you can get it in the new 37mm low proflile model or 44mm.

Both Nightforce and USO make a fine scope. Each has Pros and Cons. Which features are at the top of your list? The answer lies there more than likely.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Get the Nightforce. I have owned more than one of each.

I'm with Rob.
    Kamrad Tylov

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday."

Ads