Trijicon 5-20x50mm scope v Leupold Mark 4 6.5-20x50mm

This is a discussion on Trijicon 5-20x50mm scope v Leupold Mark 4 6.5-20x50mm within the Optics forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I mounted each of these scopes on ar-15 rifles set up for long range shooting. Both scopes had a mil-dot reticle for our test. Both ...

I mounted each of these scopes on ar-15 rifles set up for long range shooting. Both scopes had a mil-dot reticle for our test. Both rifles we dialed in dead on at 100yrds. We started at 300 yrds and then made our way out to 800 yrds. Both scopes functioned flawlessly and are high quality products. However, better glass appears to be the trijicon. More clear and the fiber optic dot works amazingly. The cost of the trijicon was $1179.00 and the cost of the luepold $1299.00. So price pretty close but the performance of the trijicon exceeds that of the leupold. Of course I could go into the groups that were shot but they were also on the money for each scope and rifle. Little difference on groups at each range target. The Trijicon was better quality, easier adjustments, more clear glass and at long distances the trijicon focus brought you a great sight picture at long distances. I would choose the trijicon over the leupold. Just my two cents worth. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Re: Trijicon 5-20x50mm scope v Leupold Mark 4 6.5-20x50mm

The Trijicoin are nice scope I personally prefer the Mk4 M5 line because the turrets match and you can get it FFP.

If we can be of any help feel free to ask we sale both scopes you are looking for.

Mike @ CST

Re: Trijicon 5-20x50mm scope v Leupold Mark 4 6.5-20x50mm

I wish I could agree ... I really like the no battery illum option on the Accupoints and I have two of them in the smaller sizes, great hunting scopes. The big Accupoint gets trumped in a lot of ways by a lot of offerings out there in that price point ...

Accupoint only has 50 MOA internal elevation - Leupold has 70+
    Accupoint has one knob option - Leupold has several
    Accupoint reticles are limited - Leupold has a whole array of reticles to choose from

Accupoint wins in the glass and no battery illum

I am far from a Leupold fan ... they are starting to right the ship it seems but we will see. The new Mark 6 line is 3 or 4 years to late ... but the VX-3 line is still a solid dependable option of the recreational shooter/hunter.

If Trijicon had a GAP/TMR style reticle in a FFP mil/mil Accupoint for under $2k ... I would own several. The TARS ... well ... yah for that kind of cash ill stick to USO.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

As a new guy I just can't understand why Trijicon would have a mil dot reticle and MOA adjustments. Can anyone help me out on this. I'm in the process of getting a used DPMS .308LR with the 5-20x50 Trijicon on it. I would prefer mil-mil or moa-moa, that just seems to make sense, but I do like the scope. I don't have a problem with mil or moa, I grew up with moa and that's what all of my scopes are, I'm just curious as to the reasoning.
    M40 .300WSM
    Tactical SPG 6.5 Grendel
    6.5x47 Lapua
    Tactical Rifles .338 Lapua

I love my Trijicon 5-20x50 and have a lot of glass around the house (not close to Sapper's count though) and felt it was a steal at the $799 I picked it up for. Now with that said it is lacking in features for the money when you put it up against other offerings in the same price point. If I had paid MSRP of $1100-1200 I would not like it as much, but it would still be a vary nice scope. I use mine for short range tactical use, LEO style marksman shooting, so the limited adjustment is not an issue and at 50-150 yards milling targets is not an issue, so mildot/moa is liveable. I did take it to a long range course and it shot past 1000 so with a 20 MOA base it will get the job done, but I would not want to use it in a tactical way at those distances. As much as I love it I would have to say Leupold edges it as a better offering all around. Now I agree 100% with what Sapper said, if the Trijicon folks would do a 3-15 or 4-16 in mil/mil with a GAP/TMR in FFP at 2K I am in all the way. I just can't believe that have that chasm between the Accupoint line and the TARS!? Find a solid middle ground and give Vortex Razor and SWFA SS 5-20 a run for the money.

Sully

My, they are impressed with themselves on the TARS aren't they.
    M40 .300WSM
    Tactical SPG 6.5 Grendel
    6.5x47 Lapua
    Tactical Rifles .338 Lapua

Ads