Nikon 2.5 x 10 x 44

Nikon 2.5 x 10 x 44

This is a discussion on Nikon 2.5 x 10 x 44 within the Optics forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I've got an option to buy a new Nikon 2.5 x 10 x 44 Tactical(non illuminated) scope 2005 stock for a very reasonable price , ...

Nikon 2.5 x 10 x 44

I've got an option to buy a new Nikon 2.5 x 10 x 44 Tactical(non illuminated) scope 2005 stock for a very reasonable price , does anyone have any experience with the high end Nikons say as compared directly to the Leupold LR/T 3.5 x 10 x 40 M1 or IOR 2.5 x 10 x 42 offerings.I've read a review or two and there seems to be good things with the Nikon although it tends to be a little on the heavy side----give me some input out there. :?:
    Learn by the mistakes of others because you will never live long enough to make them all yourself

I like their optics and so far I havent had any breakage with either Nikon or Pentax. They arent quite as refined optically as a Zeiss or S&B or Swarovski, but they are getting there. As far as weight goes, I'm not sure which is heavier but I would go with a heavier scope if it had better optics. I think optical performance outweighs having a lighter scope. Just my opinion.
    Professionals that demand nothing less than the best, demand Tac Ops.

I had the opportunity to look through one on a a bud's SPR. Very, very clear otics. As for the size, yes, it is rather large. It is similiar in size to an IOR, big and bulky, (My opinion). I am a fan of the Mk4 line of optics, only because of the option of getting a 40mm objective. However, I have seen the Nikon tactical go for 579$, (Nikoplex, not the mildot). Personally, if this sope is a great deal, get it. If not, I'd save for a Lupy or an IOR.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

I bought the scope and it turned out to be a 2006 mil-dot model (target turrets) what a beauty,it's heavy though solid heft,clear optics edge to edge and crisp bright sight picture excellent tactile and audable detents.Got it for $720 delivered c/w a new set of warne med tactical rings to boot. :wink:
    Learn by the mistakes of others because you will never live long enough to make them all yourself

Sounds like a nice scope. Can you post a pic?

Sponsors
    Yes, these nikon tacticals are excellent scopes. They actually took the time to consult with some snipers and received some good information with which they designed their tactical scopes. Nikon glass is excellent, especially on their high end models. I do not feel you can go too wrong with this scope

MEL

I read a few reviews,two in particular one written by Mike Miller and the other written by Dave Bakde on the Sniper Country site that made my purchase a go.I also got some input from an ex Washington state police SWAT sharpshooter who flat out recommended a Nikon over all but the very high end tactical stuff---- I still like my Leupolds but I'd have to give the edge to the Nikon as far as glass goes for sure, man is this thing clear and sharp.I also had at the same time an option on a new FFP IOR scope but I passed -- I understand that there are issues with warranty service rather the lack of it and that is the last thing I want to deal with.

I have a 700vs in 223. It's used for shooting woodchucks around several local farms in my community, along with some local plinking matches. This gun has been dropped, bumped, and totally beat on, along with the MK 4 PR on top. The tube is dinged, and there's a small scratch on the objective, my fault! I was sold on lupy only because of the misery I put this thing through. Still a tack driver out to 400yds. I really like the Nikon, but always wondered about the ability of that scope to take the shock of heavy use. I would like to know if a nikon would hold up. Anyone use a nikon as an every day piece of glass? I love the clarity. Feedback?

I have an older model Nikon 3 1/2 x 9 from 1989 and it has seen it's share of abuse. It always seems to hold it's zero despite many elevation adjustments during training exrcises. It is a little heavier than other scopes, but as we say in the LE world, if it's too heavy, get to the gym more often.
    JMHO

Ads