Razor HD Gen 1 vs Gen 2

Razor HD Gen 1 vs Gen 2

This is a discussion on Razor HD Gen 1 vs Gen 2 within the Optics forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Hey guys, forgive me if this was covered elsewhere ran a search and didn't find it. Looking at putting a vtx razor on my rifle ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Razor HD Gen 1 vs Gen 2

Razor HD Gen 1 vs Gen 2

Hey guys, forgive me if this was covered elsewhere ran a search and didn't find it. Looking at putting a vtx razor on my rifle to upgrade from my bushnell 10x and wondering if anyone has a comparison between the first and second gen razors. wondering if it is worth the wait and extra expense to get one of the new gen 2's or if the gen 1's are still a good option even with the upgrade.

Shouldn't be a wait for a genII. They are pretty available now.

Huge difference between gen1 vs genII. Whether it's worth the extra thousand bucks is kind of dependent upon you. I think they are. The genI razor wasn't much of a scope. It should have always been priced at the $1300 it's selling for now. It's good at that price. The clickless zeroing is mega annoying.

I agree with there is a big difference between the two and if you have the money to spend on the Razor II then you will be getting a scope that is right there with high end scopes in glass and features. The original Razor is a good scope and it has a lot of good features and good glass. They are going from $1350-1600 now depending on set up and are a good scope in that range. The Razor II is a ground up designed scope to be in the high end market. 34mm tube, locking turrets, excellent power range, very good reticle choices, etc. I did a write up on the Razor II here and on some other sites.

The clickless zeroing is a feature Orkan hates but I love it. It's a feature like MTC clicks which I hate but other love. Both scopes have it. It allows the shooter to get a perfect zero. You don't have to worry about being a little high or a little low when getting your 100 yard zero. I want my zero dead on. It's very easy to use but takes a little getting used to at first as it's not like anything out there. Below is the Gen II video on how to do it and the Gen I is similar but you take the knob off. Vortex now puts a tool in with the Gen II scopes that is a combo tool that has the allen, a small screw driver and a flat section to make this process easy. I keep it in my stock pack.

Razor 5-20x50

Razor II 4.5-27x56

604 and str8shot like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

thanks for the replies guys, there is kinda limited availability of the gen2's up here in canada but it is improving.
    thinking im going for the gen2 bsed on the higher build quality.

You won't be sorry with the choice. Actually just got back in from shooting mine again on my .308 and showed it to another shooter there who hadn't seen one and he was very impressed. Another friend had his S&B 5-25 there and the shooter couldn't tell the difference in glass looking out to 400 yards, which is as far as we have.

I'd go for the Gen II as well. I addition to all the newer features it sure makes choosing a mount with it's 34mm tube rather than the limited choice you have with the Gen I with a 35mm tube.

A couple of Gen 2

str8shot likes this.

Orkan, what do you mean by "clickless zeroing"?

Quote Originally Posted by strat1962 View Post
    Orkan, what do you mean by "clickless zeroing"?
    When you are zeroing you are using the erector only and taking the clicks in the knob out of the process. This way you can get a perfect zero instead of being a little high or a little low. You can adjust between clicks basically. You have a lines in the cap that correspond to the mil adjustments to use as a guide when zeroing. My two scopes and other I have talked to have the lines line up perfectly to the travel adjusted when zeroing. Orkan is the only person I have heard of that the lines don't line up in his scope. In this situation he has my usual luck I think as I usually have problems with things others don;t LOL Even if they don't though you can still use it. It would be just like a USO EREK, which gross adjustments adjusts similar but not in as a refined way.

Here is the process for the Razor 5-20 turret.
    http://www.vortextactical.com/video/...r_hd_zero_stop

Here is a link to a video describing the process for the Razor II scopes. Below is a closer look at what it looks like under the cap of the Razor II.
    Vortex Tactical - How to Set the L-Tec Zero Stop

Also you don't need three pieces of equipment to zero anymore like shown in the video, screwdriver/nickel and allan. Vortex now includes a multi tool that you can see below.

Last edited by Rob01; 03-08-2015 at 07:29 AM.

That helps Robo thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads