Purchasing new scope soon, any weaver ring suggestions?

This is a discussion on Purchasing new scope soon, any weaver ring suggestions? within the Optics forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Howdy, I'm planning to purchase a Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 (w/ Mildots) in the next month or two for my SPR. After having a loss of ...

Howdy, I'm planning to purchase a Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 (w/ Mildots) in the next month or two for my SPR. After having a loss of zero recently with my standard Burris Zee Rings I've been trying to decide on what Weaver style rings would be a good choice. I currently have Badger 20MOA base to mount on...

I've been thinking of Burris Signature Zee Rings as I hear they are quite popular with 1000 yard shooters off 6mmbr.com, but I am slightly hesistant, after all they are very similar to my previous rings which lost their zero dramatically (3" 100 yards). The insert rings would also protect my new scope. These retail for about $30.

I've also looked at the TPS Tactical Rings (Steel) and these are quite comparable to the Leupold Mark 4 rings from what I've read, and the price is about $40 softer, at $80 for the pair. However, I must wonder if they're really going to hold $50-tighter than Burris Signature rings.

If anyone has any other suggestions for solid weaver style rings I'd be very appreciative. And feel free to share your opinion on the Zeiss scope as well! Thanks much all, cheers.
    "All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."
    Sir Winston Churchill

Have you looked at Weaver Grand Slam rings at all? I mounted a scope on a slug gun for a good buddy of mine and they hold great. Nice, beefy steel construction and were of good fit and finish for under $30. One feature I liked about them is that they don't have a cross-bolt, but rather they have an integral lug that hols them in place. Now, with that said, I would suggest spending the extra money to get the TPS rings or something equivalent, I think the extra money will be worth it for you. The cheaper rings will old fine I'm sure, but I would think that over time the little bit of extra money on the better quality rings will be well-spent. If staying with the cheap rings, the Weavers get my vote.

Good luck,

-matt
    Hidden Content
    Ordnance System Designs, Inc.
    Stay tuned for details.

Be worthy of your freedom and of the sacrifice of those who protect it.

Ads