Decision on new Optic option help..

Decision on new Optic option help..

This is a discussion on Decision on new Optic option help.. within the Optics forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I'm currently looking at 2 new Trijcons AccuPower scopes that will go on my new .338 Lapua Mag rifle but cant decide on which ones. ...

Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rockdoc173

Thread: Decision on new Optic option help..

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    121

    Decision on new Optic option help..

    I'm currently looking at 2 new Trijcons AccuPower scopes that will go on my new .338 Lapua Mag rifle but cant decide on which ones. Price is exactly the same.

    Option 1: 4.5x30 FFP looks great I like FFP because ease of adjusting your shots https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produ...RS30-C-1900032

    Option 2: 5x50 SFP much more magnification https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produ...RS50-C-1900030

    Price is the same it would go on long range gun, I can't decide between the 2. I own 1 Trijicon already 5x20 accupoint and it is amazing piece of glass. I own also Razor HD II and glass wise Trijicon wins hands down, reason Im going back to them for new product that came out this year.

  2. #2
    Member lathoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    The Black Swamp
    Posts
    53
    I would recommend you go with a FFP and at least take a look at a Schmidt Bender 5-20X50 PM II.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by lathoto View Post
    I would recommend you go with a FFP and at least take a look at a Schmidt Bender 5-20X50 PM II.
    I've seen em they are great, never would badmouth S&B but price is steep. Ive have had exp with Trijocons I love em. on top of that I'm getting amazing price for them that's a half the price on S&B. On top of that I like to have a little more magnification then 20 power. just not shore if i should go with 30x power with FFP or 50x power with SFP

  4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,155
    I've got a Gen II Razor 4.5x27 and you say the glass on trij is better?

    I saw limited lifetime warranty on the scope, wonder what they mean by limited? Is it transferable?
    Last edited by Martino1; 12-30-2018 at 01:16 PM.

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Martino1 View Post
    I've got a Gen II Razor 4.5x27 and you say the glass on trij is better?

    I saw limited lifetime warranty on the scope, wonder what they mean by limited? Is it transferable?
    I got Razor HD Gen II as well same one as you and I have Trijicon accupoiny 5x20 that's how I'm able to say that, I have them both and trijicon glass on that $1200 scope is as good as if not better then razor gen II that is $2500. But this being their new production line this year I have high confidence in the new Accupower

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Ankas View Post
    I got Razor HD Gen II as well same one as you and I have Trijicon accupoiny 5x20 that's how I'm able to say that, I have them both and trijicon glass on that $1200 scope is as good as if not better then razor gen II that is $2500. But this being their new production line this year I have high confidence in the new Accupower
    Keep this thread updated with your experience with the Trj. I'd find out what the limited means regarding their warranty. I do like Vortex's no questions asked that's transferable. Sometimes new production lines run into bumps along the way if this is a new thing for Trj.

    I'm going to be in the market for a scope for my new 6.5CM so I'd like to hear your review. I'd like to get a better look at the reticle. It looks similar to my EBR 2C MRAD's. Resolution on Trj's website had me unable to see any detail when I enlarged it.

  8. #7
    Senior Member gpark09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    800
    Quote Originally Posted by Ankas View Post
    if i should go with 30x power with FFP or 50x power with SFP
    I haven't seen a scope that's really usable over 25X. The clarity starts lack after 25X or so. Even the top tier ones. Sure, I have limited experience numbers of scopes I looked through, but still others who actively participate in competition shares the same.

    Besides, you're in LR shooting. SFP will cripple you seriously in mid range mag.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Ankas View Post
    I'm currently looking at 2 new Trijcons AccuPower scopes that will go on my new .338 Lapua Mag rifle but cant decide on which ones. Price is exactly the same.

    Option 1: 4.5x30 FFP looks great Ilike FFP because ease of adjusting your shots https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produ...RS30-C-1900032

    Option 2: 5x50 SFP much more magnification https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produ...RS50-C-1900030

    Price is the same it would go on long range gun, I can't decide between the 2. I own 1 Trijicon already 5x20 accupoint and it is amazing piece of glass. I own also Razor HD II and glass wise Trijicon wins hands down, reason Im going back to them for new product that came out this year.
    You’re really dealing with two very different optics here. The lower mag unit has .25MOA adjustments which are an advantage for rapid, dynamic shooting (eg PRS) and the 50x has .125MOA adjustments commonly found on benchrest guns because they’re concerned with getting the absolute best zero they can which they then leave in place. The exception being if you plan to shoot at roughly the same distances in an untimed scenario. I think uso is making a 1/8MOA scope now btw.They don’t move the elevation up and down regularly. So, like much of this, you have to ask yourself what you’re going to be doing with this rifle. For long distance shooting I’d say ffp is very important unless it is on a br gun where the sfp reticle is an advantage.

    As for the Razor, I’d take a second look at them because they’re now <$1900 which I consider to be a steal considering what you get. I get why you like the Trijicon, but in a LR shooting setup the Razor will pay dividends because your getting more total elevation. At this point I’d take the Razor over my PMII. In short, make a list of your needs, wants, and budget then start plotting the options that fit the bill.

    Just one more idea, check this website, Snipers Hide and others for ‘used’ models. You can get a new used scope for substantially less $$$ than a new new scope
    tonytoshiba likes this.
    Cpl. Roque, Lester—Spc. Mendoza, Hugo—Pfc. Restrepo, Juan
    Killed In Action Operation Enduring Freedom VII/VIII
    2-503D PIR 173D AIRBORNE

  10. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    11
    Choose FFP please.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-04-2017, 08:59 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-17-2013, 06:15 PM
  3. Option # 1or Option # 2
    By RAYMOND WHITE in forum Optics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-26-2011, 09:44 PM
  4. Scope Option Help
    By CVO in forum Optics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-31-2008, 06:52 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-03-2006, 10:51 PM