Mark 4 SERIES vs Fixed Power Mark 4 ( 10 and 16).

This is a discussion on Mark 4 SERIES vs Fixed Power Mark 4 ( 10 and 16). within the Optics forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Can someone explain the difference between MARK4 series scopes and ACTUAL MARK4 FIXED power LR/T scopes. Thank You....

Can someone explain the difference between MARK4 series scopes and ACTUAL MARK4 FIXED power LR/T scopes. Thank You.
    Last edited by sfleo; 07-15-2019 at 12:41 PM.

Unless it's a trick question, Mark 4 Series are variable power scopes and Mark 4 Fixed is, just like the name said, fixed 10 power scope.
    Hidden Content

The men who wrote the 2nd Amendment hadn't just finished a hunting trip.

They had just liberated a nation.

Quote Originally Posted by gpark09 View Post
    Unless it's a trick question, Mark 4 Series are variable power scopes and Mark 4 Fixed is, just like the name said, fixed 10 power scope.
    Heard over the years that fixed power MK4 scopes where builder stronger somewhat than the otheres.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sfleo View Post
    Heard over the years that fixed power MK4 scopes where builder stronger somewhat than the otheres.
    I wish I have a 100% solid information on it, but my guess is that can be somewhat true due to the fact that fixed power scope has less parts than variable. Less number of lenses and no need to worry about the parallax adjustment. Simpler tools has less chance to breakdown. Otherwise, I don't think fixed power production line is any different than variable.
    Hidden Content

The men who wrote the 2nd Amendment hadn't just finished a hunting trip.

They had just liberated a nation.

Most of the time fixed power scopes has better optics and crisper images since they don’t have moving parts. Also with a fixed power and SFP you don’t have to worry about what power you are actually at and it you are maxed out or not.

I have a Mark IV, circa 2001-2002 vintage, fixed 16x with Mil-Dot reticle. At the time they were considered desireable because they were reputed to be very rugged, and had more internal adjustment than other scopes.

Ads