Scope for my tikka t3x ctr 308

This is a discussion on Scope for my tikka t3x ctr 308 within the Optics forums, part of the Sniping Related category; i have a budget of apprx $600 for a scope for my Tikka t3x ctr in 308 i would consider new or used optics and ...

i have a budget of apprx $600 for a scope for my Tikka t3x ctr in 308 i would consider new or used optics and will mostly be shooting 500yds or less and would like a mil dot ranging reticle .any advice would be appreciated.

Can look at the SWFA 3-15 FFP, Vortex Diamondback Tactical FFP, Vortex Gen 1 PST FFP. Any of those will work great, all FFP with the SWFA being the most expensive. All have a Mil style reticle for measuring targets.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

thanks for the info i seen a zeiss conquest 4.5-14x44 MC Z-800 for sale used. iknow its not a mil dot but looks somewhat similar.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Just remember if its not FFP the scope will have to be on a specific magnification setting for the values to be correct. If you want to range and measure with any magnification settings, I would personally stick to FFP scopes

any opinions on Athlon Optics , Midas TAC, Riflescope, 6-24x50, Direct Dial, Side Focus, 30mm, APRS3 FFP MIL Reticle

also is it worth the extra $100 for a matched pair of precision vortex rings vs their heavy duty rings ?

The Pro rings are like 55.00 ish and work just fine.

MidwayUSA has on sale the Athlon Optics Ares BTR Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 4.5-27x 50mm 1/10 Mil Adjustments Side Focus First Focal Illuminated APLR3 MIL Reticle Matte for $430 and includes free shipping but you have to pay tax
    I think it's a very good deal

Vortex Diamondback FFP is really good choice. I've owned one for about a year and half now and it hasn't failed me.

Athlon Midas Tac is the best bang for the buck scope going in the $600 range and above. Great glass and superb turrets.

The Ares BTR, that are on sale cheap, have great glass but the turrets suck!
    Bret Lawson

Ads