Info about IOR Valdada 5-24X56 scope? - Page 2

Info about IOR Valdada 5-24X56 scope?

This is a discussion on Info about IOR Valdada 5-24X56 scope? within the Optics forums, part of the Sniping Related category; The club I shoot with I mainly see Vortex Gen 2 Razor and gen 2 PST, Nightforce , Khales K525i , Leopold Mark 5 HD, ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Info about IOR Valdada 5-24X56 scope?

The club I shoot with I mainly see Vortex Gen 2 Razor and gen 2 PST, Nightforce , Khales K525i , Leopold Mark 5 HD, S&B, and some Athlon. At the National matches I have been to, I have yet to see a IOR .

In the picture, Nightforce, Tangent Theta, Khales, and Vortex.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Gunguy308; 09-19-2019 at 05:38 PM.

Very few people have the experience with enough scopes to actually answer your question from first hand experience. I can tell you about the scopes I have owned, but that is really not many considering the number of $2000+ scopes out there. Most people responding to your question also have very limited first hand knowledge of high end scopes even if they own 2-3 of them.

Orkan on Gunhive has used, owned, and tested almost every high end scope (and most cheap ones too) that are available. I would not consider making a purchase without first seeking his advice.
    Desert Tech SRS A1 with TS Customs 308 win, 22 CM, and 7 LRM barrels
    Primal Rights 40x .22LR Repeater
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Hidden Content

I already know what Greg is going to say about IOR
    ddd oo7 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by superman1216 View Post
    I already know what Greg is going to say about IOR
    I do as well. It is the reason I would never consider owning one. I have heard his experiences with the IOR scopes he has used.
    Desert Tech SRS A1 with TS Customs 308 win, 22 CM, and 7 LRM barrels
    Primal Rights 40x .22LR Repeater
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Bewerystill View Post
    I have found an IOR Valdada 6-25X56 scope at my local gun shop. The owner wants me to make the first offer and I have no knowledge of this optic. I know that they are supposed to be a good euro scope with German glass, but what else? I have found them for sale on Amazon, and 2 more dealers, but I would like to hear from some users. The warranty is not like the other scopes in this price rang and I can't find an American service center. The scope has no box or manual. Please help me on this particular model scope.
    You can take the advice of these people if you want. I can tell you the IOR Valdada is a top of the line scope. Which is side by side with Schmidt and Bender quality. Are they expensive? Yes. But, not one of Vortex, kale or most others will keep up or be anywhere close with them.
    Now really research and figure out a good fair price for that scope and give it a try.

Jeff D.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

If you know so much about these scopes, why not help the OP and tell them what a fair price is? You think a Khales won't keep up? You do realize who makes them right? Yep good ole Swarovski, makers of some of the finest glass in optics and they make an amazing scope as well.
    If these scopes were so amazing, more of the top shooters would use them. Because at that level they want anything that will give them an edge above the competition.

OP listen to ddd oo7, there are better scopes for the money.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

“You can take the advice of these people if you want. I can tell you the IOR Valdada is a top of the line scope. Which is side by side with Schmidt and Bender quality. Are they expensive? Yes. But, not one of Vortex, kale or most others will keep up or be anywhere close with them. Now really research and figure out a good fair price for that scope and give it a try.”
    Jeff D.

Are you on drugs????

The Khales is night and day better than an IOR.
    They use the same glass. No advantage there
    Khales does not have mushy turrets. IOR does
    Both have reliable tracking
    Khales has a more forgiving eye box

You’re just another IOR fanboy.

Your IOR can not get a precise zero like the Razor Hd gen 2 either. Those are facts bud

Your IOR can’t beat vortex’s warranty either. That’s necessary if actually use your equipment in the capacity that the scope was designed for. Instead of sitting in a gun safe

War of Optics is always fun to watch. It's just so classic. I don't know why but out of all the arguments, scope is the #1 subject that brings people to the table. That and I guess #2 is the glock argument I think.

BTW, what's the actual budget are we talking about?
    Hidden Content

The men who wrote the 2nd Amendment hadn't just finished a hunting trip.

They had just liberated a nation.

Quote Originally Posted by superman1216 View Post
    Your IOR can not get a precise zero like the Razor Hd gen 2 either. Those are facts bud

Your IOR can’t beat vortex’s warranty either. That’s necessary if actually use your equipment in the capacity that the scope was designed for. Instead of sitting in a gun safe
    Your right superman! I could help OP out if I did research to see how old the scope is, test it to make sure there is nothing wrong with it and what it sold for when it was manufactured. To many people think because I bought it for this amount I can sell it for this amount.
    Things are only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. So if you have checked the product out and did your research, and you want this product. Make a reasonable offer. Anyone can say no or accept an offer. Up to you to use every resource available to get an idea what something is worth or even close to it. The company is still in production. Email or call them.
    I never said Khale was no good. There are a lot of extremely good scopes out there. NF is one of my favorites. Even the lower priced SHV are awesome.
    Vortex Razor is a great scope. I have a few Vortex scopes. I really like them.

Yes their Warranty is awesome. The Warranty is not the problem. Some people I know NOT everyone is like this, Ive seen this happen. It bothers me. Oh, I want a new scope my glass is scratched and ive dropped it many times. Oh well, maybe I'll throw it under my truck tires or down a cliff. They'll replace it.

IOR is built extremely well like Schmidt and Bender and a couple other scopes. Great everything.
    Personally One of the best scopes I've ever was able to borrow and use. I want to buy one so badly but, $3795 is to much for my blood for now.

For $2500 to $3000 you can have a Razor.

For about $500 to $1000 more, you can have the best of the best.

If you look at the world shooters, they do use them. USA shoots use what works but is the cheapest or whatever is given to them by their sponsors. Then they promote how great a product is. Then someone like me spends his hard earned money on these cheaper products, relying on the professional shooters to give the honest evaluation. And get stuck with a heavy aluminum paperweight.

So sorry. My opinion by what I've used in past present and what I want for the future. Yes! I already know about what options are like.

Jeff D.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Ads