Info about IOR Valdada 5-24X56 scope? - Page 3

Info about IOR Valdada 5-24X56 scope?

This is a discussion on Info about IOR Valdada 5-24X56 scope? within the Optics forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Originally Posted by jeffreydohl Your right superman! I could help OP out if I did research to see how old the scope is, test it ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Info about IOR Valdada 5-24X56 scope?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreydohl View Post
    Your right superman! I could help OP out if I did research to see how old the scope is, test it to make sure there is nothing wrong with it and what it sold for when it was manufactured. To many people think because I bought it for this amount I can sell it for this amount.
    Things are only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. So if you have checked the product out and did your research, and you want this product. Make a reasonable offer. Anyone can say no or accept an offer. Up to you to use every resource available to get an idea what something is worth or even close to it. The company is still in production. Email or call them.
    I never said Khale was no good. There are a lot of extremely good scopes out there. NF is one of my favorites. Even the lower priced SHV are awesome.
    Vortex Razor is a great scope. I have a few Vortex scopes. I really like them.

Yes their Warranty is awesome. The Warranty is not the problem. Some people I know NOT everyone is like this, Ive seen this happen. It bothers me. Oh, I want a new scope my glass is scratched and ive dropped it many times. Oh well, maybe I'll throw it under my truck tires or down a cliff. They'll replace it.

IOR is built extremely well like Schmidt and Bender and a couple other scopes. Great everything.
    Personally One of the best scopes I've ever was able to borrow and use. I want to buy one so badly but, $3795 is to much for my blood for now.

For $2500 to $3000 you can have a Razor.

For about $500 to $1000 more, you can have the best of the best.

If you look at the world shooters, they do use them. USA shoots use what works but is the cheapest or whatever is given to them by their sponsors. Then they promote how great a product is. Then someone like me spends his hard earned money on these cheaper products, relying on the professional shooters to give the honest evaluation. And get stuck with a heavy aluminum paperweight.

So sorry. My opinion by what I've used in past present and what I want for the future. Yes! I already know about what options are like.

Jeff D.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
    You honestly have no idea what USA shooters use. Cheapest? Far from it, and besides saying IOR is the best. You have yet to give any factual reason why its better. Does it track better? Nope The gen 2 razor, Nightforce, Khales all track the same, this has been proven and not an opinion. Is the reticle better than what is available from other manufacturers? This is a personal choice. Range of adjustment, again nope, most have more than 100moa, thats not alot for 3500.00. Eye relief? Nope, 3.75", again standard. The scopes are made in Romania, FYI just because they use Schott glass does not make it the best. Schott makes the glass to IOR's spec. You keep saying its just better. How about explaining why its better? Light transmission %? Clarity? Color rendering? Weight? Material?
    Until you can give factual (NOT YOUR OPINION) evidence to justify the price of something that's not special, your "Its the best" argument is no different than a child saying "mines better".

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Spot on gunguy308

Yeah I compete with my $7000 rifle because it’s the cheapest. Get bent fanboy

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Gunguy308 View Post
    You honestly have no idea what USA shooters use. Cheapest? Far from it, and besides saying IOR is the best. You have yet to give any factual reason why its better. Does it track better? Nope The gen 2 razor, Nightforce, Khales all track the same, this has been proven and not an opinion. Is the reticle better than what is available from other manufacturers? This is a personal choice. Range of adjustment, again nope, most have more than 100moa, thats not alot for 3500.00. Eye relief? Nope, 3.75", again standard. The scopes are made in Romania, FYI just because they use Schott glass does not make it the best. Schott makes the glass to IOR's spec. You keep saying its just better. How about explaining why its better? Light transmission %? Clarity? Color rendering? Weight? Material?
    Until you can give factual (NOT YOUR OPINION) evidence to justify the price of something that's not special, your "Its the best" argument is no different than a child saying "mines better".

Everything was better to me. Clicks, light transmission, box test, tracking was right on, ranging was spot on, eye relief was 3.85 but had no problems, lighter than some scopes.

So sorry if I hurt your feeling. Sorry I voiced my opinion. Wasn't trying to argue. Thought this sight was one that everyone could voice their opinion by what they experienced for others. I'm not bashing these other scopes. I simple said a lot of shooter that I know will spend $10,000 on a rifle and only want to spend $2000 on a scope. They will try to find the most inexpensive scope but, good enough scope to do the job they need it to do for their application.

Like I said. My opinion, my testing. I was not sitting and reading and just take it as gospel. I'm not a fanboy. Just telling you what I did and my conclusions. If I was a fanboy of anything it is the Schmidt & Bender and the Nightforce. I just can't afford to buy the top notch scopes. As I get into long range and extended long range shooting, I will have to make it a priority to buy a tier one scope.

From what I've read and seen. The IOR Valdada Crusader is really looking promising.

Again! For give me for hurting your feelings and voicing my opinion and facts. Didn't realize IOR had so many enemies.

Jeff D.

So the mushy turrets on an IOR are more tactile and better than the tactile turrets on a Khales?.... ok

Everything was better to me. Clicks, light transmission, box test, tracking was right on, ranging was spot on, eye relief was 3.85 but had no problems, lighter than some scopes.

So sorry if I hurt your feeling. Sorry I voiced my opinion. Wasn't trying to argue. Thought this sight was one that everyone could voice their opinion by what they experienced for others. I'm not bashing these other scopes. I simple said a lot of shooter that I know will spend $10,000 on a rifle and only want to spend $2000 on a scope. They will try to find the most inexpensive scope but, good enough scope to do the job they need it to do for their application.

Like I said. My opinion, my testing. I was not sitting and reading and just take it as gospel. I'm not a fanboy. Just telling you what I did and my conclusions. If I was a fanboy of anything it is the Schmidt & Bender and the Nightforce. I just can't afford to buy the top notch scopes. As I get into long range and extended long range shooting, I will have to make it a priority to buy a tier one scope.

From what I've read and seen. The IOR Valdada Crusader is really looking promising.

Again! For give me for hurting your feelings and voicing my opinion and facts. Didn't realize IOR had so many enemies.

Jeff D.

At no point in time did you give any facts. PERIOD. You gave opinion ONLY. If you think you posses the ability to hurt my feelings, you are as misguided about your abilities as you are about scopes. Still waiting for you to give any facts that PROVE the IOR is anything but a mediocre scope. Your true issue, I believe, is that you bought an IOR and realize you made a mistake. And instead of admitting it, you convince others to use it. Its the same psychology that is used to convince people what "Modern art" is. Basically, if you done agree with me, your wrong. I on the other hand, want someone to make an informed decision, not by my opinion, but by facts. Facts you continually fail to provide. To the OP, others as well as myself just want you to be aware of scopes that have proven to be better value. Im sure you work hard for your money, as I do to.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunguy308 View Post
    At no point in time did you give any facts. PERIOD. You gave opinion ONLY. If you think you posses the ability to hurt my feelings, you are as misguided about your abilities as you are about scopes. Still waiting for you to give any facts that PROVE the IOR is anything but a mediocre scope. Your true issue, I believe, is that you bought an IOR and realize you made a mistake. And instead of admitting it, you convince others to use it. Its the same psychology that is used to convince people what "Modern art" is. Basically, if you done agree with me, your wrong. I on the other hand, want someone to make an informed decision, not by my opinion, but by facts. Facts you continually fail to provide. To the OP, others as well as myself just want you to be aware of scopes that have proven to be better value. Im sure you work hard for your money, as I do to.

You are as ignorant as your messages. Like I told you. My opinion and my test. No has to believe me. I don't and won't give anyone facts that I gathered because of your arrogance and ignorance of me and anything I shoot or have used.
    I don't pretend nor give false information to anyone.
    I've never owned a IOR Valdada myself because unlike Mr. BIG BUCKS, I can't afford one at this time.
    I have been putting my money into two more rifles. That I build myself. When I finish them I will save for two top tier scopes.
    The first one will be an IOR Valdada Crusader.
    The second will be a Schmidt and Bender.
    If you want to spend $7,000 or 70,000 on your rifle, have at it. But don't tell me how things worked for my test when you weren't there.
    Since you know it all prove to me that IOR Valdada Crusader sucks. Since we had the last conversation I've looked up facts and videos on the IOR Valdada's. Like all brands of scopes. You have the best, middle of the road and worst of all the brands.
    We will never agree on scopes.
    Just like Trucks. Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Nissan and Toyota, you probably are a Ford fan. Pieces of junk PROVEN! I I had bought three of those pieces of crap brand new off the lot over a six year period. Every time I turned around something was going wrong after about 12,000 to 26,000 miles. Transmission and front tires in the first one. Front tires every 10 to 12 thousand miles. Tranfer case in another. The third was stupid stuff. Low range 4wd in the transfer case would not work, alternator and catalytic converter blocked up. I'LL NEVER OWN ANOTHER ONE!
    Next time know what your talking about.

Jeff D.

You are as ignorant as your messages. Like I told you. My opinion and my test. No has to believe me. I don't and won't give anyone facts that I gathered because of your arrogance and ignorance of me and anything I shoot or have used.
    I don't pretend nor give false information to anyone.
    I've never owned a IOR Valdada myself because unlike Mr. BIG BUCKS, I can't afford one at this time.
    I have been putting my money into two more rifles. That I build myself. When I finish them I will save for two top tier scopes.
    The first one will be an IOR Valdada Crusader.
    The second will be a Schmidt and Bender.
    If you want to spend $7,000 or 70,000 on your rifle, have at it. But don't tell me how things worked for my test when you weren't there.
    Since you know it all prove to me that IOR Valdada Crusader sucks. Since we had the last conversation I've looked up facts and videos on the IOR Valdada's. Like all brands of scopes. You have the best, middle of the road and worst of all the brands.
    We will never agree on scopes.
    Just like Trucks. Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Nissan and Toyota, you probably are a Ford fan. Pieces of junk PROVEN! I I had bought three of those pieces of crap brand new off the lot over a six year period. Every time I turned around something was going wrong after about 12,000 to 26,000 miles. Transmission and front tires in the first one. Front tires every 10 to 12 thousand miles. Tranfer case in another. The third was stupid stuff. Low range 4wd in the transfer case would not work, alternator and catalytic converter blocked up. I'LL NEVER OWN ANOTHER ONE!
    Next time know what your talking about.

Jeff D.

Also, I don't own a video cam to give you proof of anything. What little money I do have after I pay my bills, I build my rifles and go on vacations with my family.
    Oh I am sorry. I might need proof of that too. God I might be lying.
    OH Yeah GOD. Maybe you need proof of him too or breathing air you can't see. Probably don't do that either...

Jeff D.

So you don’t own one but the IOR is the best scope out there. Ok bud

So you’re gonna put a crusader on your next rifle? Is it an F-class or a bench rest rifle? Apparently you aren’t that familiar with field of view and mirage.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Ads