Info about IOR Valdada 5-24X56 scope?

This is a discussion on Info about IOR Valdada 5-24X56 scope? within the Optics forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I have found an IOR Valdada 6-25X56 scope at my local gun shop. The owner wants me to make the first offer and I have ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Info about IOR Valdada 5-24X56 scope?

I have found an IOR Valdada 6-25X56 scope at my local gun shop. The owner wants me to make the first offer and I have no knowledge of this optic. I know that they are supposed to be a good euro scope with German glass, but what else? I have found them for sale on Amazon, and 2 more dealers, but I would like to hear from some users. The warranty is not like the other scopes in this price rang and I can't find an American service center. The scope has no box or manual. Please help me on this particular model scope.
    Last edited by Bewerystill; 09-18-2019 at 07:47 PM.

Stay away from it. There are better options in that price range
    Gunguy308 likes this.

Khales, Vortex, nightforce, Steiner are all better options. Hell you can get some S&B’s now in that price range
    Gunguy308 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by superman1216 View Post
    Khales, Vortex, nightforce, Steiner are all better options. Hell you can get some S&B’s now in that price range
    Thanks guys. I got the same advice on other forums. Not even one positive comment in defense. I think I, pass.

The people dogging IOR scopes have almost certainly never used one. A classic case of web anonymity and keyboard warrior syndrome coming to a confluence. I on the other hand have had more than 50 IOR scopes cross my path where I tested them very extensively and they've been universally fantastic with one note: The turrets don't lock and they're easy to turn so you have to check your setting every time you get behind it. Otherwise, click values are always spot on, glass clarity is world class and durability is high. Getting one serviced, that's a whole different story but I only know of 2 that have needed serviced. One has been in IOR's hands for something going on 3 years now. The other came back after 2 years. At least the odds of needing it repaired are extremely low.

I’ve used one and seen others. They aren’t as refined as other scopes in that price range. None of the top competitors in the industry use IOR’s.

Proof and point. These IOR fanboys love to reference Rex Reviews on his IOR Recon review to say it’s the best thing out there because he gave it a great review. If you look at his new videos since then he has S&B’s on his new rifle builds.

I owned a IOR 4-16 , fit and finish for the price was less than steller, the finish was comparable to cheap scopes. The clicks in the turrets I would compare to a gen 1 vortex PST, alright but far from great. Clarity was good, but thats about the only good thing I can say about it. I sold it and bought a gen 2 Razor 4.5-27 and its been a work horse for the past 4 years. No issues at all. Zero is always solid, clicks sound as good today as they did when it was new. If these scopes were so mind shatteringly awesome, I would never have spent the money to upgrade. But it definitely left me wanting more. Just my experience.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I am building a new 6.5 and will be looking hard for just the right optic for me. There aren't many centerfire shooters at my gun club so I don't often get a chance to see primo scopes and maybe shoot them. Lots of things to check at the price they demand. I was glad to hear you comments even though I could have that IOR for the price of a new PST.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ads