New Savage needs Scope

New Savage needs Scope

This is a discussion on New Savage needs Scope within the Optics forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Hello, All! I just bought a Savage 10 PT-SR 308 18" and I plan on shooting out to 500 yards, which will probably be my ...

New Savage needs Scope

Hello, All! I just bought a Savage 10 PT-SR 308 18" and I plan on shooting out to 500 yards, which will probably be my max distance with this set-up. I need scope recommendations. My budget is around $500-600. I would like to get the best glass I can for my budget. I would like a mil dot or BDC type of reticle. Several years ago, I had an SWFA fixed 10x mil dot scope and I really loved it. The only thing is, I would like a variable powered scope so I can go to 2-4x for short range shots where I hunt. Could you guys give me some of your thoughts, within my budget? I sure would appreciate it!

Flyntus

Athlon Midas Tac 6-24x50

It is probably just beyond the top of your budget but is worth a bit extra to get it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Bret Lawson

Arken Optics is what you need to look in too. I used to run the SWFA 10x, these blow them out of the water. They are right in your price range.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

http ://bit.ly/2PkGEGM Arken link

Thanks for the reply. I looked at their website. Looks like they really stand behind their product. Do you own one of their scopes? If so, do you have decent eye relief?

Thanks,
    flyntus

I have several of their scopes. The eye relief is very forgiving, its easy to get behind and easy to find a good sight picture. I would almost suggest the 4-16 or the 4-14 beings you are not going out that far of a distance. Both of these have been very good for me, no issues.

Thanks! I pulled the plug and purchased an Arken 4-14x. I can't wait 'til it gets here!

I would recommend a FFP by Vortex. Their tactical series is well in your budget with a lifetime warranty.

I like my Vortex products and love my Nightforce, but I'm honestly intrigued by Arken and might try one of their offerings when I am done with my 6.5CM build. I believe Arken is veteran owned/operated, which is always a plus.

The reviews on Arken EP4 and ES4 have been very confidence inspiring!!!

Ads