Primary Arms 3-18x50 FFP HUD 308 Opinions

This is a discussion on Primary Arms 3-18x50 FFP HUD 308 Opinions within the Optics forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Any strong opinions or experience with the Primary Arms 3-18x50 FFP HUD 308 scope. It seems to meet all my wants, such as low to ...

Any strong opinions or experience with the Primary Arms 3-18x50 FFP HUD 308 scope. It seems to meet all my wants, such as low to high power range, illuminated reticle, FFP, and made just for .308. I am shooting an AR10 .308 18" barrel, and will be using it to hunt and target shoot. I like that you can get it under $500 also. The only other .308 specific scope I know of is the Nikon M-Tactical .308BDC, or the Sig BDX system.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

With all those features at 500 bucks, how well do you think those features are implemented? How could they put even OK quality glass in it if they implemented all the whizzbang features even halfway well? Simple answer is, they can't sell a silk purse for a sow's ear price. You get what you pay for. I would recommend you back down on the feature list and if your price point is 500 then look at Arken and SWFA or see if you can score a used Burris XTR II from snipershide or longrangehunting forums. Arken's and SWFA's are solid mechanically and decent on glass. Burris XTR II's are excellent on glass and mechanically. If you can find a really old Bushnell Elite (just not the fixed 10x) then those are nice too and can be had for the money you've got.

Quote Originally Posted by ballisticxlr View Post
    With all those features at 500 bucks, how well do you think those features are implemented? How could they put even OK quality glass in it if they implemented all the whizzbang features even halfway well? Simple answer is, they can't sell a silk purse for a sow's ear price. You get what you pay for. I would recommend you back down on the feature list and if your price point is 500 then look at Arken and SWFA or see if you can score a used Burris XTR II from snipershide or longrangehunting forums. Arken's and SWFA's are solid mechanically and decent on glass. Burris XTR II's are excellent on glass and mechanically. If you can find a really old Bushnell Elite (just not the fixed 10x) then those are nice too and can be had for the money you've got.
    They have received pretty good reviews everywhere, so maybe they were able to use decent glass with a nice reticle. I really like how the reticle has multiple ways to range targets just using the reticle, and the BDC markings are specific for the .308.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ballisticxlr View Post
    +1

I like that you can get it under $500 also. The only other .308 specific scope I know of is the Nikon M-Tactical .308BDC, or the Sig BDX system.

With Nikon getting out of the rifle scope business, you should be able to find a good deal on them.

Ads