Scope for Barrett M99 50BMG

This is a discussion on Scope for Barrett M99 50BMG within the Optics forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Need to pick up a new optic for my M99. Wondering if this scope will hold up or if I will destroy it with recoil ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Scope for Barrett M99 50BMG

Need to pick up a new optic for my M99. Wondering if this scope will hold up or if I will destroy it with recoil in 1 session. Hoping someone has some experience with it. Leupold Mark 4 Long Range Tactical M1 Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 4.5-14x 50mm Side Focus Matte (midwayusa.com/product/1362173644?pid=936654).

I had the 3.5-10 version of that scope give up the ghost on a muzzle loader with non magnum loads in less than 50 rounds. The scope is now fresh back from Leupold and for sale If you are interested. I no longer trust Leupold scopes.

The model 99 doesn’t have horrible recoil, but the brake is what will give the scopes trouble.
    Desert Tech SRS A1 with TS Customs 308 win, 22 CM, and 7 LRM barrels
    Primal Rights 40x .22LR Repeater
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Hidden Content

I already ordered it but having second thoughts. I don't need it to for remmington 700, I need glass for the M99. Looks like 1200 for nightforce it is..

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bobbybob View Post
    Need to pick up a new optic for my M99. Wondering if this scope will hold up or if I will destroy it with recoil in 1 session. Hoping someone has some experience with it. Leupold Mark 4 Long Range Tactical M1 Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 4.5-14x 50mm Side Focus Matte (midwayusa.com/product/1362173644?pid=936654).
    My best friend and fellow 50 shooter has a Mark 4 on his AR-50. It has more than 5000 rounds on it, and the scope hasn't changed a bit. I have a Nightforce NXS 8-32x56 on my 50, and it is as good today, as it was new, 5 years ago. You can't go wrong, putting a NF on your 50, either.
    bobbybob likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MN50-Shooter View Post
    You can't go wrong, putting a NF on your 50, either.
    I know, but $1400 for a used one still hurts.

I will say this about leupold.....I picked up one of those ts30a2 remakes like 2 years ago, sold it 8 months after owning it. It didnt hold zero after 168 rounds of 77gr smk in my ar. I sold it to the guy broken. I TOLD HIM IT WOULDNT HOLD ZERO. He was completely fine with it because he lived 45 minutes from the factory I guess. I sold it to him at a heavily discounted price and bought a swfa. Never looked back. Also have a few NF and zeiss. Way better then leupold. I think leupold is just getting left behind in the optics game. Not what they use to be
    tric3imagery likes this.

I don't have a Barret but I've using a NF NSX on a Springfield M1A1 with M118 175gr. The only issue I had was getting the mount anchored. Scope has been perfect since.....2012. It's on a Bergara 6.5 know and still spot on.

You should look into the Vortex Razors. Even if you buy used their warranty is the best in the business. Buy once, cry once but you have to have confidence in whatever you buy.
    Martino1 and bobbybob like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jaron3 View Post
    You should look into the Vortex Razors. Even if you buy used their warranty is the best in the business. Buy once, cry once but you have to have confidence in whatever you buy.
    A new Razor 4.5 x 27 is going to run about $2k. If $1400 hurt, that’ll hurt more.. I have one and I love it..
    Last edited by Martino1; 05-27-2020 at 06:10 PM.
    bobbybob likes this.

You’re correct but Bob said $1400 for a used NF. He can find a used Razor for less.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads