Free Adjustable Cheek Piece for an Honest review - Page 2

Free Adjustable Cheek Piece for an Honest review

This is a discussion on Free Adjustable Cheek Piece for an Honest review within the Product Review Requests forums, part of the SniperForums.com & SniperCentral.com Related category; I think you would be well advised to let Mel do an official review. Many people buy or dont buy based on his reviews....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Free Adjustable Cheek Piece for an Honest review

I think you would be well advised to let Mel do an official review. Many people buy or dont buy based on his reviews.
    JOEY

SC Member #2507
    SASS#84934

Bill Of Rights Supporter

I'll post my review here, and on a bunch of the rimfire websites. My plan was to stick it on a Savage 93 in 17HMR that really needs some added height. I don't know if you've tried to get the word out to the rimfire guys, but thats a pretty big market of people who like to make their guns look cool. :lol: And if the product is good... All the better.

Jay5oh,

I will PM on ordering...the Price is no secert at $55.00 plus $6.00 for shipping.

I have also sent Mel a PM after reading his offer the due a reveiw.

It seems that a few aren't familar with Kydex on some of the boardsand figured one of the best defences of my cheek rest lay in the material itself.

this is the tech stuff which I don't understand.

Kydex 100 Sheet
    Kydex ® 100 High-Impact Fire Rated Sheet: - Aircraft Approved
    Super tough, durable KYDEX 100, a proprietary alloy sheet, brings new dimensions to thermoformers in: formability, rigidity, breakage resistance, chemical resistance and fire retardancy. Kydex Sheet is a high performance thermoplastic sheet is available in a wide range of standard and customer colors, textures, and sheet sizes. Kydex sheet is Underwriters Laboratories, Inc.® recognized for UL Std 94 V-0/5V and UL 746C and has 18 ft-lbs./in (953 J/m) Notched Izod impact resistance.

Superior Formablity: For deep or hard to form parts or where good finished detail is required. KYDEX 100 is unsurpassed.
    Rigidity: KYDEX 100 is more rigid than most other thermoplastics resulting in parts that will deform less when loaded.
    Breakage Resistance: With a high Notched Izod impact resistance, KYDEX 100 offers unsurpassed resistance to breakage.
    Chemical Resistance: KYDEX 100 meets the highest standard for chemical resistance for thermoplastic materials.
    Fire Retardance: KYDEX is recognized by Underwriter's Laboratories, Inc.® for Standard 94 V-0 and 5V and UL 746C in all gauges and colors.
    Thermoformability: Excellent forming properties and crisp detail, plus easy machining and fabricating using conventional methods, further expanding finished part possibilities.
    Electrical Properties: KYDEX 100 exhibits a Dielectric Strength of 565 V/mil and a Dielectric Constant of 3.13 @1000 Hz, 2.78 @1 MHz, 2.46 @800MHz, 2.42 @1.9 GHz, 2.67 @ 5GHz, and 2.7 @20 GHz.
    Applications: Aircraft interior components, Mass Transit vehicle and RV interiors, Equipment Housings, Medical Products

The other is made on Polystyrene and I can't find any tech specs, hope to have them in the morning from my supplier....In short an inexpensive hard plastic used for injection molding things like keyboards, toy firearms and household items...

Not something I would send to Iraq, LEO's, SWAT Teams or anyone else that goes into harms way. Sure it might be overkill for the rifle that goes to the range a couple times a year but the Airsoft guys in Singapore like mine and those guys are serious about quality gear.

Anyhow, Localfriend and Canuck the packages are on the way and thanks fr your time and effort.

Karsten

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

As promised here are the pics. I shot some groups with it tonight and it preformed prefectly. Once adjusted properly the cheek weld is rock solid.

Wishing I could shoot more!

Hello Karsten,

The only place I've seen you being hastled is at ARFCOM; it appears it is the guys home turf and everyone is supporting him. I also saw they joined at snipers hide to bad mouth you, so it should only be a matter of time before they stop by here.

Aside from those few people, your support is pretty solid. Most are 110% behind your work. The best thing would probably be to continue supplimenting your word of mouth advertisement with more of the traditional advertisement you have shyed away from in the past. Make sure people know who you are and what you represent.

As you know, "Imitation is the best form of flattery." and your product is so good that other people feel the need to rip it off. It happens to all of the great companies from Glock with S&W to McMillan and Manners. This slight setback should make you want to develop your product to bring it to the next level, that way people have absolutley no incentive to buy anything DWP has to offer.

Ship out a few more reduced cost samples to real operators who can give you helpful information. Your product has already come a long way in the past few years you have been offering it so why stop now?

Good luck with the sales, can't wait to see the new reviews.

-Eric

G'day all.

I saw the post, and I am dismayed to say the least. I have had the Karsten Kydex Cheekpiece installed for about 2 months now, on a
    Rem700 LTR in .308. I dont shoot every day, but most weekends I put 40 to 50 rounds down range at a deliberate rate of fire, aiming for
    consistent groups and overall improvement of my abilities.
    There has been a marked improvement since installing the cheek rest, due to better and consistent stock weld.
    And though there are some really heavily recoiling cartridges out there, the .308 isn't a .22lr either and my Kydex cheek piece hasn't moved
    from where I have set it. From either "normal" use, or accidentally banging the butt on the back of the 4WD.
    As an aside the installation was too easy, the clear instructions giving me real confidence that I wasn't going to ruin my purchase, and infact was value adding.

Just my thoughts on the product.

Regards

Anthony Clare
    --Remington LTR .308-Leupold Mk 4 4.5-14x50 M1 Illum TMR--

Just got my package from Karsten today, I will hopefully begin installation tonight after work.

I just have to ask, how do I order one of these Karsten?
    I can't find any contact info on your imageseek-website.
    Will you ship internationally? (I'll pay the extra charge ofcourse.)

PM me or email me on [email protected]
    Dont tread on me.

Sponsors
    Head back to my review

http://www.snipercentral.com/karsten.htm

I put his contact email up on the page (or PM him)

MEL

I will say, Karsten is a gem of a guy to deal with. Service is top notch, product is top notch, and for the money, the value delivered is top notch.

Good luck, Karsten!

John Collins

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Ads