Free Adjustable Cheek Piece for an Honest review - Page 3

Free Adjustable Cheek Piece for an Honest review

This is a discussion on Free Adjustable Cheek Piece for an Honest review within the Product Review Requests forums, part of the SniperForums.com & SniperCentral.com Related category; i just installed one on a sendero 300 wm. it stays put under recoil, and is better than adding foam to the stock. great product!!!...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Free Adjustable Cheek Piece for an Honest review

i just installed one on a sendero 300 wm. it stays put under recoil, and is better than adding foam to the stock. great product!!!

I bought one of your pads for my M-14 after reading about it on this site.

I am very happy with it, it was easy to install and I will tel any one it is a good product.

ABS gets brittle at cold temps, Kaydex is way better at all temps.

Good Luck and thanks for making a good product at a fair price.

Jerry Jacques

Karsten Kydex complaint

This communication dialogue I had through Ebay with "Customgunservices". My complaint was clear, he finally acknowledged that it wasn't me and then blames me for being a jerk. Decide for yourself.

Dear customgunservices,

Hi, Are the bolts designed to squeeze the cheek
    piece flush onto the stock on both sides(A2
    Stock)?
    I've screwed them to the point where they don't
    turn anymore and there's about a 1/4 inch gap
    between the cheek piece and the stock which causes
    play side to side. Tried unscrewing and screwing
    back, same problem on both screws. Thanks, Chris

- visiontailors

Dear visiontailors,

On some narrower stocks On the model B you should be able to keep tighteneing or screwing it to where the bolt end will go right thru the allen connector and come out the other side of it. and then you need to mark it and grind that extra off the end of the bolt. They come long and then need a little grinding off sometimes. Also I would heat up the kydex lightly in hot water or a heat gun (not too much) just to where it will be a tiny bit soft and then it bends or can be formed a little to the stock. form or fit a little to the stock before bolting on.

- customgunservices

Dear customgunservices,

The problem here is that they have ceased to turn at a certain point(not even close to going through) with both screws ceasing at the same location as if the threads no longer conformed to each other at that point. Please send me two new screws which you have checked or I have no use for this. Thank you

- visiontailors

Dear visiontailors,

Send it all back for a refund:
    2666 N 400 E
    North Ogden, Utah 84414
    I dont understand how it could go in fine part way and then the threads are screwed up after that? I want to see it.
    Never had a problem after selling hundreds and hundreds of these Sorry you must have got a FREAK ONE.

- customgunservices

Dear visiontailors,

Hello, Take it out of the stock and try getting the bolt to go thru while in a vise. There may be a little paint/parkerizing material in there stopping it from going thru all the way. Or Try measuring and grinding the bolts down before. They should be able to keep going all the way thru the connector nut.

- customgunservices

Dear customgunservices,

Tried whatevever I could without further damaging anything(making it look like my fault).

- visiontailors

Dear visiontailors,

Hello, I am going to get a hold of Karsten and tell him whats going on. I did mine a while ago and they ran thru no problem, then I grinded them down. but I just pulled a new one out we just got in. Pulled one out and tried it and I see what you got. I cant get it to go thru either. Something has changed or is wrong. I cant send you a new one right now cause theyare all that way that I have in stock. So I have to get a hold of him. He lives here in Utah so it wont be difficult.

- customgunservices

Dear customgunservices,

Thank you.

- visiontailors

Dear visiontailors,

Hello,

I got a hold of Karsten about the bolt on the cheeckrest. He said, (and I don't know why) that the allen nut is a BLIND NUT. It needs to be ground down a little at a time until you get a good fit. I think when i did mine the bolt ran thru and then i marked and cut it off, but I think he changed that for some reason. Maybe some folks would run it thru leave it pokin out then get hurt and sue him. So he made it this way now. So grind down a little until its the length to reach but not get stopped and sqeeze the stock tightly. Thanks

- customgunservices

Dear customgunservices,

That dosen't seem right that I or anyone else needs to go through this after the fact. The bolts are now, if not impossible, extremely difficult to undo. I am very disappointed and did not expect this when considering your product. You will be recieving your cheek rest and my stock shortly.

- visiontailors

Dear visiontailors,

Go thru what? help from the seller contacting the nmanufacture to see about how to use the proper method to mount it. Your the first and only complaint ever on these at all. Ive sold hundreds read all the reviews and see for your self. maybe it's you? ***Don't send me your stock, I will just throw it away is all. We will refund your money after we receive the cheekrest unused in good condition. If not **no refund Sorry. If you screw up the part trying to do it yourself and cant we dont guarantee that. SORRY you should have taken it to someone who could do it right or asked us and waited before ruining the bolts. We have never had one person ever return or complain about these. All warranty is handled thru the manufacturee deal with them if you want to be a jerk on it.

- customgunservices

Dear customgunservices,

All I asked for was the proper bolts or at least letting me know through your directions that this would happen before the fact. Instead you call me a jerk for not doing it right or spending more money to have someone else do it right. Since I'm the first complaint you can keep your money and I'll bite the bullet. We'll just make sure everyone knows this is the first complaint.

- visiontailors

Whoever is looking at this product, consider this first complaint before purchasing, as well as how much of a jerk I am.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Free Adjustable Cheek Piece for an Honest review

I have THREE of your rests WHAT ELSE CAN BE SAID ABOUT THEM

Re: Free Adjustable Cheek Piece for an Honest review

Where can I get one of these in Vancouver, BC, Canada?

I have a question. Is it safe in composite stocks? I have a Winchester 70 ultimate shadow hunter with a composite stock and I don't know if the screws/bolts will hold well in the stock. I've been looking for a good cheek rest.

Karsten is all that I use. Is there any other?????

Do all the old Zombie threads come out around Halloween?
    Tim37 likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Ads