konus m30 - Page 2

konus m30

This is a discussion on konus m30 within the Product Review Requests forums, part of the SniperForums.com & SniperCentral.com Related category; Buckhunter, I bought the identicle rifle and have a 10x Super Sniper mounted on it. Are you sure the Konus M30 has a FFP reticle? ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: konus m30

Buckhunter,

I bought the identicle rifle and have a 10x Super Sniper mounted on it.

Are you sure the Konus M30 has a FFP reticle?

My KonusPro 3-10x44 scope in mounted on a Savage .243 and it looks as clear to me as the Super Sniper and has shot a little tighter than the CZ.

A guy reviewing his Konus M30 on Midway's site compared it favorably to his Nightforce. Now, that's a testimonial for sure.

Are you sure they are not made in China?

I have a few scopes at hime i got to test from a Chinese manufacturer and apart from the printing and the side focus knob they look identical. Same style turrets same scope body, just same same.

konus pro m-30 6.5x25x44 scope review

Danny Boj,

the Konus m-30 main parts,tubes,etched glass,internal mechanical and optical parts are made in europe (Verona Italy) then shipped and assembeled in there china factory under strict supervision, were each department has a quality manager(a Konus guy)not Mr. chang,each scope is careully inspected for quality Konus standards,hey think about it most scope manufactures have there factories out of the states because of the labor cost look at millet scopes all there scopes parts are made here in the U.S shiped and assembeled in china and they have the lowest scope return in the industry (2%) in all forums you find guys nocking companies that do or assembles there scopes in china to avoid labor cost and to compete in the market, you read remarks like o another cheap china made scope when maybe there companies quality standards may be more strict than some companies in the states, its like everything it's about how the outfit is set up some of these cheap china made scopes as they call it have Mr. chang in charge and for your question on the look alike remark take a look at leupold new mark 4 LR/T scope ONLY CABELAS has it at this time, it is the identical scope with the leupold name;lets see maybe leupold is buying tubes from the chineese(Mr.Chang) or better yet. I like this one better Leupold is buying the scopes from Konus and renaming them,KONUS scopes can go toe to toe with the elite 4200(I have one),Leupold RIFLEMAN the VXIII and nikon monarch (I have all of these)and beats theme by far, so all you elites,leupold,tasco s.snipers and specially how can I forget falcon manace bring it on remember we are comparing scopes in the $300-to $400 range, I will here forsure from the Swarovski,Zeizz,Meopta ect.GUYS save it I know these scopes I mentioned are better lets compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges.
    HAPPY SHOOTIN, Danny Boj.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Brooks,

hey, thats cool that we both have the same rifle, I 'm sorry that I posted the wrong info. about the konus m-30 having the recticle in the FFP its actually in the second ffp I posted it and then I realized that I made a mistake, having said that,the glass that the m-30 has has not been used before in there other scopes this scope is completly new, specially the glass whicth is the best thing it has,my friend has a super sniper 20x and I have looked through it and is very cloudy around the edges, forsure I can tell you that the s sniper is nothing like the M-30 my shooting buddy
    that has the s.sniper already order the M-30 in 16x after looking through mine,about the savage they are good shooters right out of the box, you did not write what kind of savage rifle do you have, I'm thinking of buying the Rem. 700 sps TACTICAL or the savge 10 FP, I'M also thinking of putting a millet TRS-1 just to have one, now you said that your 243 Savage has shot tighter group than your CZ 550 VL. Be more SPECIFIC
    because there is no factory Match ammo out there in 243 cal. unless you reload were you can make something up I guess, I'M also guessing that your cz is in 308 so we will be compering a Savage 243 to a Cz 308
    if thats the case were you shooting regular ammo, because if you were to shoot the CZ 308 with FGM-match or blackhills match ammo and the savage with 243 regular ammo I can't see the savage being more accurate than the CZ. CZ rifles are very accurate out of the box and remember the barrel is not floated theres no beding in the laminated stock
    these are some of the up grades that I will be doing to my with the addition of a muzzle break if you go to the foroum section under optic and click on the konus section you can see the muzzle brake that I'm talking about on my Rem. Sendero 300 sa ultraMAG, this rifle was customize by my gunsmith Somarriba.com here in Miami the action is pillar/glass beded
    it has the triger ajusted to 1.5 lbs, the fluted 26'' barrel is free floated,it has a recessed competion target crown and the somabreak.it shoots clouver leaf 3 shot groups with Rem. factory match ammo 190 grain.
    let me know about the Savage -- CZ deal as far as the group issue.
    Good shooting.

BUCKHUNTER!!!

Buckhunter,

I handload for both the CZ .308 laminate and Savage .243 which has a plain Jane hunter barrel. Both are new this season. The Savage has shot a 0.47" four shot and a 0.74" five shot group at 10x. (son's 27 year old eyes)

The quality and clarity of the Konus riflescope and spotter have impressed me as great buys. They may not be the best but certainly deserve a look in their price range.

I see an M30 in my future.

yeap, i went to the range to test out this scope riffle combo the m-30/cz550 varmit laminated, here are the new groups, much tighter then the ones i posted before. this time i used federal match 168 grain, this scope is great. it holds zero and it doesn't shift.

good shooting .

[img][/img]

Hey i was thinking about the KonusPro 3-9x32 with the 30/30 reticle for my CZ. Has anyone tryed any of the Pro series? By the sounds of things, the M30 is a decent scope for the cash, I'm just wondering how the lower end scopes in their lineup compare.
    Shaun aka "Quick"
    Two Rocks, Western Australia

Precision Rifles:

Remington 700 "F-Class" 7mm08AI, 308 Win, 6x47AI
    Remington 700 "Custom Marksman" .308 Win
    Weatherby Vanguard .223 Rem
    Anschutz 1416D HB .22LR

Hey, Quick.
    You made a good choice with the CZ rifle, they are my favorite in any caliber or any form, about the Konus pro question; their pro line of scopes all have ingraved recticle in the glass (etched) so they will not shift
    point of impact or loose their zero, if this happens to any of the pro-line
    of scopes they will send you a new one (remember glass etched is only on the pro line of scopes not their lower end the Konus shot line) they have a lifetime warranty, the glass on the pro-series is also of high end quality from what I have heard out there in some forums, but their new
    M-30 tactical is their flagship top of the line scope, they are using high quality,high defenition europian glass that is fully multi- coated on all sides and highly polished to the highest visual sphere, I bought my for $317.00 at security zone, I have not been able to find this scope for less than $449.00 and some places are selling it from $579.00 to $600.00 so they are going up in price, the 3x9 pro that you have in mind you might find it for less than $100.00 but don't let this price fool you they are very good scopes,right now I have my CZ 550 over at my gunsmith Somarriba.com getting a muzzle brake ,free floating the barrel, action job, pillar/glass bedding and micro-jewling the bolt, stay tune I will be posting the pictures in about 4 weeks, for the money these Konus are very good scopes,I love my M-30 that's riding my CZ 550 varmit the groups is the evidence and it looks bad !!!!
    good shooting .

Buckhunter!!!!

Cheers buckhunter. I think I might have a serious look at the 3-9 pro. it looks like a good glass and people seem to be very happy with them. Do you have a link for security zone where you brought your M30. Also I'm wondering if anyone knows if amazon will ship scopes overseas, I have had a look on there site but to no avail. The have some good prices and with the AUD to USD exchange rate. it will be CHEAP for me!!! I think that this little 3-9x32 KonusPro with the illuminated 30/30 reticle will go nicely on my CZ.
    Shaun aka "Quick"
    Two Rocks, Western Australia

Precision Rifles:

Remington 700 "F-Class" 7mm08AI, 308 Win, 6x47AI
    Remington 700 "Custom Marksman" .308 Win
    Weatherby Vanguard .223 Rem
    Anschutz 1416D HB .22LR

Quik

the web site is personalsecurityzone.com and they have that scope for $77.25 they have super cheap prices on everything check it out
    I don't know if they ship everseas,about amazon I have never bought from them .

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Ads