konus m30 - Page 3

konus m30

This is a discussion on konus m30 within the Product Review Requests forums, part of the SniperForums.com & SniperCentral.com Related category; Cheers buckhunter. much appriciated mate....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: konus m30

Cheers buckhunter. much appriciated mate.
    Shaun aka "Quick"
    Two Rocks, Western Australia

Precision Rifles:

Remington 700 "F-Class" 7mm08AI, 308 Win, 6x47AI
    Remington 700 "Custom Marksman" .308 Win
    Weatherby Vanguard .223 Rem
    Anschutz 1416D HB .22LR

I just received two 4.5x16x40mm Konus M-30 and I am mounting one on a Savage 10FCP for a customer.

*True 30mm tube throughout
    *One piece tube construction
    *Waterproof and fog proof
    *Side parallax wheel (down to 10 yards)
    *Lockable fast focus eye bell
    *Anti-canting bubble level system
    *Lockable finger turrets (resettable to 0)
    *11 position detent switch offset at 45 degrees with 11 brightness settings
    *Illuminated blue engraved mil-dot reticle
    *Detachable sunshade
    *Flip up lens caps included
    *Lifetime replacement Guarantee

*I find the glass to be very clear & sharp to the edges for a scope in it's price range. As clear as some scopes costing much more.

*The clicks adj are sharp and has 60 (1/8") clicks one revolution 7.5 moa @ 100 yards.

*It is a second focal plane scope and the mildots are accurate on 12x only. I personally prefer a SFP scope because the reticule stays the same size through out. Ranging can be done on one power just like a fixed power scope.

*The specs says 80 moa total adj but the two I received have about 95 moa elevation & windage total adjustment.

*The fit and finish is very good and the lens caps are well made. The overall look and feel of the scope is beefy and very nice.

*The blue illumination is nice and works well.

*The internal anti bubble level is a nice feature

Without trying one out on a rifle I would say it is very well made scope for it's price range, about $325. I will probably keep the other one.

GC
    ==GUN CONNECTION==
    Hidden Content

I think Konus is on the verge of becoming a serious player in the under $1000 price range and just might kick some ass.

They will need some positive reviews by influential gunners and some publicity but that will come.

The High Power shooters in MN were looking through the Konus 80mm and Kowa spotters side by side and were impressed.

$$Kowa minus $Konus= $1000 or a very nice rifle.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: konus pro m-30 6.5x25x44 scope review

Quote Originally Posted by buckhunter
    Danny Boj,
    the Konus m-30 main parts,tubes,etched glass,internal mechanical and optical parts are made in europe (Verona Italy) then shipped and assembeled in there china factory under strict supervision, were each department has a quality manager(a Konus guy)not Mr. chang......................
    HAPPY SHOOTIN, Danny Boj.
    Verona Italy? :shock:

This is a response I got from Konus:

The M30 scopes are manufactured in the Peoples Republic of China. The glass is made for us by a Japanese company. Everything is inspected and held to benchmark quality control standards. The M30's are designed to handle the recoil of heavy caliber weaponry like the .50 cal., .308, cal., 300 win mag, etc.

Thank you for your support of Konus
    Mark
    Konus USA Corporation, Inc.

HAPPY SHOOTING, buckhunter :twisted:

I don't know if there is still a lot of interest on these scopes, but I found some of these very well priced on eBay. I handled some of these at SHOT show and was pretty impressed. Here's the site: http://stores.shop.ebay.com/poor-fish-s ... mit=Search

The problem is they have 1/8" clicks. The glass is very good for the price range. I have decided I don't like the bubble level. It's not needed and it restricts some of the field of view.

Konus needs to come out with a M30 4-16x50, no bubble level, that has 1/4" turrets and one with .1 Mil turrets. Same glass and they would have a winner.

The glass on the M30 is better than the glass on the Millett TRS & LRS scopes.

GC
    ==GUN CONNECTION==
    Hidden Content

are the clicks 1/8" or 1/8 moa? MAX were the bubble levels actually level in the scopes you had? i had one and sent it back because it wasn't level ith the cross hairs. No complaints on the glass though.

I bought this scope based on this review and others, and I am thoroughly disappointed. Not only would it NOT hold zero, but after 20 (TWENTY) rounds through my 7-08 some crap was floating around the glass. I don't know it's chipped or just some paint/lube, but it's unusable now. I will be trying to return it for another option.

are the clicks 1/8" or 1/8 moa? MAX were the bubble levels actually level in the scopes you had? i had one and sent it back because it wasn't level ith the cross hairs. No complaints on the glass though.
    They say 1/8" but I believe it's 1/8 moa

I've mounted three or four Konus M30 scopes for customers and all of them the internal level appeared to be right on. I have decided I don't like the internal bubble level because it's way too sensitive. I just ignore it. I makes sure the rifle and base are level before I mount the scope and then when properly mounted I level the cross hairs by a plumb line.

I own a Konus M30 1-24X24 CQ mid range scope and like it very well so far. I also own a Konus Pro Atomic T-1 RD sight and also pleased.

I bought this scope based on this review and others, and I am thoroughly disappointed. Not only would it NOT hold zero, but after 20 (TWENTY) rounds through my 7-08 some crap was floating around the glass. I don't know it's chipped or just some paint/lube, but it's unusable now. I will be trying to return it for another option.
    Sorry to hear it. Scopes in the M30 price range usually have more QC problems: Leupold, S&B & NF...ect, have problems also but not as often. Konus USA has excellent customer service and I would use it. Report back and let us know what they do.

GC
    ==GUN CONNECTION==
    Hidden Content

I have 2 and i have been impressed with them. While their glass isn't as good as my 9 or 10 Pentaxes or Burris's. I talked with Andrew @ Optics Planet and he said they have only had 1 M30 returned and just a couple of their lower end scopes. He said they get more Millets and Leupold riflemans returned than they have Konus's. I have box tested both of mine and they both shot 3/4"-1/2" 4 shot groups(16 inch changes). The loads i was using normally hold 1/2" groups. While I would prefer a Burris or a Pentax for the money they can't be beat

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Ads