konus m30

konus m30

This is a discussion on konus m30 within the Product Review Requests forums, part of the SniperForums.com & SniperCentral.com Related category; hey mele, i have found a new scope that i think is just super bad. it is a konus m30, i am thinkin of buying ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: konus m30

konus m30

hey mele, i have found a new scope that i think is just super bad. it is a konus m30, i am thinkin of buying the 6.5-25x44. just wonderin if you could do a reveiw on this scope, it appears to be well made and the glass is really really good. can't deside between this and the falcon menace 4.5-18x56 please reply

Sponsors
    I'll take a look

MEL

Konus M30

I second the nomination for a Konus review. Just recently purchased a KonusPro 3-10x44 illuminated scope because it I was impressed with the quality of the Konus 80mm spotter. I took it to a store and looked at a Bushnell 4200 and Zeiss Conquest. My in store comparison ---I thought it equal or better than the 4200 and close to the Conquest. Actually it's kind of scary.

Konus--Italian company but China manufacture.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Brand new guy here...But I found my way here due to this very subject.

I have been looking at the Konus M30 6.5-25 X 44 Il reticle and I am very impressed when looking at it side by side against Burris / Bushnell ...for around half the price. Id really like to see how it fares under the scrutiny of your knowledgeable review .

Any chance that you'll be taking a harder look at these M30's any time soon Mel?

Thanks in advance
    Brigg

I'll back that nomination as well :lol:

I've been looking for a cheap scope for a buddy of mine, came across Konus, the glass does seen clear, but I stay sceptical in regards to quality and turret repitition. What one has to have in mind is that ones you mount this scope on .308 plus rifle will it take the recoil and how precise would the clicks of elevation/windage be. :roll:

I'd say compared to my Falcon, this one seems to be close, it would be easier to tell if I can have a field day with it, but I cannot afford to buy every mid-price scope and test it :evil:

I would like to see a review also. I had some time behind one on a friends gun and I liked it. the two things I notices right off the bat was that since it is 1/8th moa adjustment the clicks on the turret adjustment are really close together and I lost track a few times.

konus pro m-30 6.5x25x44 scope review

well I finally decide to buy the konus m-30 instead of the Millet trs1 to put it on my CZ 550 varmit laminate 308 rifle, this scope is extreamly clear and bright compairing it to my leupold VXIII 4.5x14x40 and my nikon monarch 5x20x44 or my busnell elite I have to say that this scope is better, it has a mil-dot engraved reticle in the fisrt focal plane so your point of impact does not change at any power setting, the clicks on the elevation and windage are very precise,also light transmission is unreal and when needed you have the 11 position illuminated blue mil-dot reticle,it also have an internal anti-canting bubble level system and the lockable finger turrets are resettable to 0, it also comes with detachable sunshade the side parallax wheel (side focus) is very stiff to turn I often hear guys complaining about this on very good tactical scopes, but think about it, if the wheel will turn easy it would loose it's focus setting on hard recoil rifles so thats why it's hard to turn, going back to the scope review this scope is loaded whith features that other scopes costing 3 to 4 times more don't have, the glass is clear from edge to edge the zero will not shift, it also stays true around the box. I am planning to buy another one to put on my new 700 sps tactical, these scopes have lifetime warranty I will posting some pictures of my rig and groups,check this scope out !!!!!
    [img]
    [/img]
    [img]
    [/img][IMG]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w43/meli8216/abel017.jpg[/IMG
    [img][/img]

Nice write up. One question - on the "holding the box" comment, did you actually do the box drill? Have you used it at night with low light?

Thanks,

Swede

Hi, tx_shooter I'm glad to help you with this review on the exellent konus
    pro M-30 that hardly nobody is paying attention to yet,this scope just came out this year in the 2008 shot show, the company had been working on this scope for a few years to bring a high quality product to the tactical and hunting market that will represent them well. these is there first 30 mm tube scope and they wanted to offer a package that will have the most features in a scope than anything else out there costing 2 to 3 times more and is not just feature packed is effective in all areas, the company (Konus U.S.A) is located here in Miami were I live and they are actually half hour from my house I was not sure which scope to buy between a millet trs 1 (my friend has a trs-1 on his savage) or this scope I called konus here in Miami and they told me to give them a try if I was not satisfied with there product they will buy me a millet trs 1 and I could keep the konus, thats how confident they are in there scope,some people think this scopes are made in china but they are not, the main company is locate in Verona N. Italy so they are european scopes with high quality high defenition glass, yes I do test all my scope around the box to check how good they hold there zero, this scope has 1/8 moa ajustments, the high defenition glass are all etched in all konus pro scopes. I'm very happy with it, the groups i posted was from my cz 308 rifle(federal gold metal 168 grain factory) the rifle is all stock they come with no beding and the barrel is not free floated, they do have a good two stage triger
    when activated it has a crisp 1.5 lb. let off . I will be taking it to my gunsmith to bed the action free float the barrel and installed a muzzle brake these up grades should close my groups a little more now that I have the right scope on it.(good shooting bud)..
    all surfaces are fully multi-coated

Quote Originally Posted by buckhunter
    I called konus here in Miami and they told me to give them a try if I was not satisfied with there product they will buy me a millet trs 1 and I could keep the konus, thats how confident they are in there scope,
    That sounds like they stand behind their product.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Ads