Rock River LAR 8

Rock River LAR 8

This is a discussion on Rock River LAR 8 within the Product Review Requests forums, part of the SniperForums.com & SniperCentral.com Related category; http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm? ... ory_id=257 Anyone try one of these yet? I'd be interested in a review on one if you ever get the opportunity, Mel. RRA's ...

Rock River LAR 8

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm? ... ory_id=257
    Anyone try one of these yet? I'd be interested in a review on one if you ever get the opportunity, Mel. RRA's AR15 have generally shown respectable accuracy and good quality, so I'd be curious to see what they could do with an AR10 platform that uses FAL magazines. I can't really find any first hand info on the thing surfing around the net, so you may be the first with a thorough review on one,

What do ya think, Mel?

RRA's AR10 is actually Bushmaster's former AR10. As I recall Bushmaster was having reliability issues with the magazines and serious problems with the bolt/bolt carrier assembly among other things.

Bushmaster discontinued the line and sold the rights and design along with their leftover stock to RRA. I don't know if Rock River ever fixed the issues that Bushmaster was having, but being that RRA is such a reputable company I'm sure they did. I would be very interested in a review of the rifle.

That said, I don't think it will touch the DPMS line, but that's just me.

Rigger
    I hate to be the cruel hand of reality slapping you across the face but, someone has to do it.

Life's hard, buy a helmet. You're not going to get coddled around here so get over it.

Hidden Content

I'd heard the reason it took RRA so long to produce it was because they were fixing the Bushmaster issues. I'd like to hear more about it though. All I can find on the net is heresy.

I did however find some awesome DPMS AP4 reviews on S1's site! Nothin but praise and some pretty awesome groups with handloads on an otherwise stock DPMS. They were loving it as a CQB gun with 110gr V Max too.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

I had one in the varmint model. I used my handloads, Winchester brass, can't remember the load but I used Varget powder and Sierra 168 Match Kings and it shot a .31" group at 100 yards. That was a 5 shot group. It shot that group consistently.

Ads