One of the most CONTROVERSIAL stocks ever! - Page 2

One of the most CONTROVERSIAL stocks ever!

This is a discussion on One of the most CONTROVERSIAL stocks ever! within the Product Review Requests forums, part of the SniperForums.com & SniperCentral.com Related category; The USS has it's purpose. I have two. They make a great bench platform, but in the field, I like the B&C Medalist better. The ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The USS has it's purpose. I have two. They make a great bench platform, but in the field, I like the B&C Medalist better. The USS makes recoil a lot tamer for magnum calibers.

Jeff

Yes it is a heavy stock when you put a good bull barel and a nice action
    in it it becomes a nice sturdy rifle ,well aluminum beded ,comes with a anchuence T rail wich makes mounting a bypod great for fine agustments to the bypod hight. It also comes with 2 different comb peices for the correct cheek weild,also spacers for lenth of pull .The pistol grip has a compartment to ither store 3 .308 rounds or fill with lead for more weight and a more balanced feel.I have built a savage .308 with a 26'' fluted stainless steel bull barrel,harris bypod SS 20x42 agustable paralex from 50 yards to infinity ''GREAT SCOPE BY THE WAY'' beats the he.. out of one of my leapolds that costs more than double,I have a empty one just waiting for another progect .So in my opinion from a guy with several sniper rifles from ,h&k psg1,rem 700's,m40a2's, fn spr wich is my personal favorite tack driver ,I get sub moa out to 500 yards ,the savage in the choat stock is darn close to that.anyway GREAT STOCK!!!!!!!!!!!
    The Long Shot

I find it hilarious that everyone that has tons of "precice sniper weapons" can't spell to save their lives. The psg1 was a nice touch though, I will give you props for that one. It doesn't happen to shoot small plastic pellets does it?
    Walther P99 9mm/AAC Evo
    Noveske Afghan AR15/WOTAC 4-14/Ops Inc 12th
    Desert Tactical SRS 338/TBD/Tac Ops 338
    Tac Ops Tango/Hensoldt 4-16/Tac Ops 30

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Tip for pics sherriff ???

SCSHERRIFF,
    Yes do have a nice collection that took a long time to get, a couple of certain rifles wern't to easy to come by, and would love to post them just cant figure out how. Back to the squirrel,I was a recon force MARINE for 4 wonderful years and it just burns my a.. when some wanab's gets on this great forum we have here ""THANKS TO MEL"" and talks out his butt and try's to put other people down and the equipment they may choose. So I'm sorry to almost everyone if I seamed a lil hostel but those folks that put good hard working people down it gets my blood going,this forum is not for that kina stuff, and as for BRANDO.JOHN mind your business and don't tell people to stop posting,wake up to controversy !!!
    The Long Shot

Re: For the Sherriff

Obviously, some people like the stock and others don't but its just a stock. It certainly isn't worth getting upset over. I don't like the stock. I know a former colleague that decided to try it out. He liked, but made some modifications to it with a dremel tool.

I personally thing the stock was designed more like a fishing lure, that is to catch fisherman not fish. I think its a very "tacticool" stock and was made to more for looks than function. I don't have a current copy of Plaster's book, with me at the moment, but I recall he included pics of a custom rifle he had built On the bolt was inscribed "the ultimate sniper" I seem to recall his stock not being on that rifle. If my memory serves me correctly, that should tell you something about his opinion of the stock.

The stock is an economical stock and would be an upgrade from the SPS stocks that Remington puts on those models, but it's not the best choice out there. I would prefer one of the HS Precision, McMillan, Manners or a B&C there are just a ton of options out there. Some people may love which is why its on their rifle and not mine. If this stock float your boat then by all means get it, there is no controversy.

Here is a link to get information "straight from the horses mouth". Until Mel has time to do a review on it. There is a ton of information out there on this stock. I value Mels opinion, but I honestly don't know what more he is going to add other than giving a thumbs up or down about it.

http://www.ultimatesniper.com/catalog_p ... o=1&sc=yes
    What's in a name? That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet.
    - William Shakespeare

Locked up for clean-up.

-matt
    Hidden Content
    Ordnance System Designs, Inc.
    Stay tuned for details.

Be worthy of your freedom and of the sacrifice of those who protect it.

Here's a good review

http://www.snipercountry.com/InReviews/Choate_USS.asp

Like I said.... You are getting a $150.00 stock that is not used by ANY agency worth mentioning.

MCmillan & HS Precision: USMC, US Army, US Navy SPECWARGRU, FBI, LAPD SWAT, New York Emergency Services...... etc, etc, etc.

In fact I know of NO self respecting shooter that even owns a book by Plaster. Well actually we all do in "Form", cause all he does it just pile together all the FM's he can get under the name "Ultimate Sniper". Ask him about when he got booted from 1st Mar Div Sniper School on a Visit. Ask him about Brian R. Gauthier in his "Sniper" video (High speed "Killer" who was actually on ships platoon)

Mel,
    No Flame, and if I am pissing off one of your sponsors let me know. However I have never been accused of not telling the truth

Not that it -actually- matters, but it looks freaking terrible

Quote Originally Posted by Original Secret Squirrel
    +1
    What's in a name? That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet.
    - William Shakespeare

I find it hilarious that everyone that has tons of "precice sniper weapons" can't spell to save their lives. The psg1 was a nice touch though, I will give you props for that one. It doesn't happen to shoot small plastic pellets does it?

What the H____ who cares about spelling, only some a hole who is more worried about how they look in public than what they stand for. And unless you have tiny fingers or took typing in school (no ofense intended if you have tiny fingers or took typing on school) your gonna make a lot of typo's on a key board but Who Cares!! Your spelling or typing ability has absolutely nothing to do with anything unless you are a proof reader or somthing like that. Just check out your doctors or attorneys notes. Anyway that statement "Jus don mak no sinc atol" :lol: :lol:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Ads