Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

prvi partizan match .308 168/175gr

42K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Alexis 
#1 ·
since you have been conducting the match ammunition test, i would like to see how the prvi partizan match ammo holds up in your 700p mule and bravo 51 as well... i've had a wide variety of responses from people who have used it thus far, ranging anywhere from .5 moa to 4 - 8 moa...

obviously that is a HUGE spread and that cannot be a good indicator, but i would like to hear what you think about it mele

http://ammunitiontogo.com/catalog1/prod ... ts_id=1496

at that price shown on the link, don't think it would be too hard to grab some

G
#6 ·
Been there done that.

Let me find the pictures. Btm line is you lose 1.25" at 100y over the SMK. Not a classroom test just back to back with SMK and Privi 168f .308 and 140g 6.5 and the SMK 174g 3.11 and the Privi .310" 150g. 250 Prive are 1/2 the cost of the 100 box of SMK 100 pak. You get what you pay for. That said it is better than surplus, the pellets are not uniform on any point. I do note that they now have two 168g FMJBT's listed. WTF? The upper grde must be doubble struck as in sized a second time.

cheer
.. 8) ..

#9 ·
Savage 10FCP-K and Prvi

I have recently purchased a Savage .308 10FCP-K with an Elite 4200 6-24 x 50mm Bushnell scope attached on a one piece DedNutz Game Reaper mount and Harris bipod. I shot 4 different ammo boxes at the range:

sub .5 MOA - Fiocchi Exacta 168gr

sub 1 MOA Federal Gold Medal 168gr

sub 1 MOA Black Hills 168gr (strange shot placement as on 3 separate groups this ammo decided to place all shots closely but on a right sloped straight line)

sub 4 MOA - Prvi Partizan 168gr (I will never buy this one again for sure due to quality issues)

#11 ·
I did a review last year on hunting ammo. All groups were shot from a remmy 700p and a IOr 4-14x50. From about 10 brands the Prvi got the last place (180 grains / SP bullet) the spread was 1,73 MOA (3 shot group). For the price this round is a decent hunting choice. The chambering was difficult also.

#13 ·
I bought a box of Prvi, was considering it for hog hunting, as it is a nice soft tip. At the range the next day, shot placement was radically unpredictable, I actually thought there was something catastrophically wrong with my rifle. Some Hog Hammer 165gr reassured me that my rifle was shooting fine, it was just the garbage ammo. I would never use Prvi on any animal that is aggressive enough to bite you back...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.